Letter to Juliet | Teen Ink

Letter to Juliet

June 12, 2011
By Anonymous

12, Night St.
Verona, Italy 15946
April the year of our Lord 1303

Juliet Capulet
12, Night St.
Verona, Italy 15946
Dear Ms. Capulet:
I, as thy mother, strongly disapprove of this relationship you have with that scum Romeo Montague. He is a lover and thou can ne’r trust a lover. Why, I heard from your cousin Rosiline that not two days hence he was trying to woo thy cousin. She finally got rid of that dog by telling him that she was joining a nunnery. An that is not enough there are many more stories like that. Romeo looks at girls as if they are a toy he has not played with yet. Now, I understand if the only reason you fancy him is because he is forbidden, as a Montague, I once had that same temptation. I now realize I had ne’r loved Petruchio, he was loud and boisterous and he loved to gamble. He was in debt and just used me for the money when he owed too much money to the Prince and couldn't give it to him he was banished. He traveled to Padua to find a fortune and a wife. He found both with a shrew named Katherine. Thankfully my mother had talked me out of that terrible relationship. If she hadn’t I don’t know what would have happened, I certainly wouldn’t have married thy father. So this is what I am doing, I am requesting you to mark me well counsel and not have any kind of relationship with that Montague. It is probably just a faze and thou wilt forget about him in a week or so. Anyway your Father and I have a surprise for you in the romance department.

Sincerely,
L. Capulet