THE BEACH | Teen Ink

THE BEACH

By blood BRONZE, St.Helens, Oregon
blood BRONZE, St.Helens, Oregon

only the dead know the end of war

THE DREAM

“Up the beach! Up the beach!”
People were screaming every where, but why? Really there is not a lot you can do when there are 50 caliber bullets flying at you. There is nowhere to run and hide. So I do what my instincts tell me too I run as fast as I can up the beach. This is so stupid. I see one of my men go down with a hole in his leg and another with his arms blown off. And another, and another they just keep dying. “Ahhh!” I scream as I jump to the sand wall for what little protection that can be provided. I put my hands on my ears to try to drown out the screams, but I can’t fell my ears! “Oh Cr*p” I think trying to feel my ears then I remember that I’m wearing a helmet and relax about that. I look around and there is no one on the beach, their all dead! I’m the only one left on the God forsaken beach.
“Hello.” Someone says from behind me in a sinister voice. I look up at him, Japanese solider. He grabs a long knife from his belt and puts it on his rifle. I want to run but I can’t. I can’t move my body at all. He jumps over the sand wall and stabs me in the gut with the bayonet over and over. I’m screaming with pain. I find and grab my pistol but it doesn’t fire. I drop it and continue to get stabbed.
I wake up screaming my head off

This is a dream that my great grandfather had the day before he died on a island some where in japan during world war 2