Charles Manson | Teen Ink

Charles Manson

By Rinkuji SILVER, Bolingbrook, Illinois
Rinkuji SILVER, Bolingbrook, Illinois

"The truth is everyone is going to hurt you, but you need to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

There was a bear named Bryce who was born into an unfit family of bears. His parents were cruel to him and didn’t really seem to want anything to do with him. Bryce was eventually left all alone to fend for himself and he got into a lot of trouble all the time from then on. He kept stealing the other bears’ possessions and food, which caused him to go to jail multiple times. Bryce had attending special schools for troubled youth but he always ended up expelled. When Bryce became an adult he had been in and out of jail so many times that he considered jail his home, he even tried to convince the police to keep him there. Bryce had no sense of home and since he spent so much time in jail, thinking like a criminal became all he could do.

Bryce moved to C-Bear-Land, because in his time that’s where all the “hip” bears lived. Bryce seemed to have a way with the bears he met there; they liked to follow him like he was a leader. Bryce enjoyed this kind of attention and he used it to his advantage. The bears that followed him were young, naïve, and shared a sad past like he did; only theirs’ weren’t as bad generally. Bryce had about 8 followers and they started to travel all over C-Bear-Land. They had found this one abandoned beach house that they would frequently stay at, and eventually it became almost a home. For some reason Bryce started to get strange, he became very paranoid and obsessed with his control. Out of his control he plotted to kill people, and his loyal followers would do everything he wished.

Bryce had a few of his 8 go out one night and kill some famous bears living in C-Bear-Land. Each of the followers had a specific task to perform in the killings; it was mostly clawing them to death. A few nights later Bryce had the rest of his followers go out and murder some more bears. It was very traumatizing for some of the bears to kill, but they were too loyal to Bryce to not do so. Finally they all were caught by the police and brought to justice. The decision was that they would all spend the rest of their lives in prison; which for Bryce was probably a nice thing since he’d always be home.