The Jornal Of a Fifteen Year Old Boy | Teen Ink

The Jornal Of a Fifteen Year Old Boy

May 18, 2010
By jjhelgeson SILVER, Anoka, Minnesota
jjhelgeson SILVER, Anoka, Minnesota
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes friends are good but some of the friends can be mean"


Ok so this is not a diary first of all it’s a journal, and for all of you who think this is a diary then stop reading this. If you think this is a journal great keep reading this I wanted it to be a journal and not a diary. So where should I start? Oh I know now I should start on the day I got this journal. It all started when I was 13, it was my birthday and I was so excited that I was finally a teenager. But when I found this in a box, I was rather surprised.

March 4th, 1940: I’m hiding with my stupid family who says that this war is going on and let me tell you that it’s very dumb to try to make war. I think war is wrong but I’m not the guy who's responsible for the wars now aren’t I? I don’t think I am but whatever I just hate how people have to fight for justice.

“James time to take a bath” my mom said

“Not now” I said

“Young man don’t you talk back to your mom like that I should teach you a lesson” my father said

“Ok I guess” as I went to take a bath

That night I couldn’t stop thinking about a dream I had it was me and someone else who I couldn’t see because it was dark out. We were trying to escape the soldiers that had found us and threatened to arrest us.

March 5th, 1940: Well it’s my 14th birthday and I like it at the attic. It’s peaceful, its fun, I get to play games and who am I kidding I hate it! But at least I met a cute girl who is so cute that she can make the whole world glow with her eyes

“Hi” she said

“Hello” I said

“I’m Maria” she said

“I’m James” I said

She was so cute and so pretty and her laugh made me giggle a little. I couldn’t tell her. Oh well I guess she will have to guess that I like her.
April 6th, 1942: I’m now 15 and I’m dating Maria in the attic. I don’t know why but I just don’t want to write down everyday ok? Gosh.

“James its so peaceful up here I hope we don’t go into a camp like some other Jews.” Maria said

It was too late the soldiers found our family and we were going to camps.
September 16th, 1942: Maria and I were put in Auschwitz Death Camp. I’m afraid that if I die and Maria dies we will never see each other ever again. I saw my mom go into a gas chamber I tried to stop her but she said that she was going to take a shower.

For that moment I never saw her again. I was terrified and scared as I held on to Maria.

“What happened to her?” I said

“I don’t know but I think she’s dead now” Maria said

She probably didn’t want that to come out but it did anyways I was so mad at her but I knew she was telling the truth. I had tears as I was so sad that my mom was gone.

May 26th, 1944: Well I have been saving the food I don’t want to eat anymore I want to starve myself to death I don’t want to be here. It is scary?. This is my final piece I’m sorry.
Epilogue: This is the end of James’s journal. Now James was not part of the camp, I made up that character’s name. Otherwise, I hoped you enjoyed it and ill be posting more pieces as I get them done!


The author's comments:
Well I wanted to think of more but i think ill do another one but ill put them in parts