The Red | Teen Ink

The Red

November 17, 2009
By celi.guti BRONZE, Guaynabo, Other
celi.guti BRONZE, Guaynabo, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Those who come upon it gaze at the massive palace and awe at its gargantuan beauty. Microscopic detail went into its intricate arches full of history. In the Court of the Lions, the lion statues growl as they pet their heads while taking the picture. As the Granadian sun touches their skin, it starts to turn almond brown, just like the skin the original owners of the citadel had so long ago. They admire themselves on the impeccably still waters of the pools this place offers. The water in the fountains glows as they refresh their sweaty faces. On the walls of the hallways bordering the sunny courts, you can still see the Spaniards fighting the Moors with bloody swords, both sides forgetting the religions they swore to follow. Everyone who comes here takes a picture in front of the structure, but many forget that they are taking a picture with what perhaps was one of the most important characters of Ancient Spain, of the Al-Andalus. La Alhambra, the Red.

The author's comments:
I was inspired by the majesty the Alhambra has, and about the magic that radiates from it.