Samurai | Teen Ink

Samurai

December 13, 2022
By KadenHaxton BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
KadenHaxton BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A son of a great samurai Lord, Itaro Takahashi destined to be the next in line, he is scared for his future and of his father.

His dad is harsh like the wind strong and deep, his mother is soft as silk and gentle like a small stream.

 He does not like doing most things but his father makes him and he agrees when his mother speaks with her gentle voice comforting Itaro, him and his mother and father all go on a hunting trip.

in the forest near there home so teach him how to master himself but it soon turns cold and wet almost like the winter.

Itaro can see his breath.

 As he breathes his mother is cold to the touch and she asks to go back. She has not been feeling well, so Itaro and his father are confused about what is going on; they soon learn she has gotten sick. 

so they ask the villages healer to try to help

her desperately and beg to heal her all he says I've tried everything, there is no cure but its a slow sickness so you have some time with her.

 His father, unable to do anything, is angry and tries to fix other things but himself and leaves Itaro to do things himself alone he trains him and tries to teach but is too busy.

 so he goes and cares for his mother who grows sicker everyday he loves his dearest mother.

 He talks with her lovingly to her what she has to say, her gentle soft voice comforting him once again but as time goes on he knows her time grows slim dreading when she goes.

 He neglects it and doesn't want to think about it. He is hurt and he will miss his mother

His father knows his beloved wife's time is slim. He makes his time count with how much he loves her; he is scared to take care of Itaro without her

He needs her but he knows he has to let go soon.

and try his best to take care of his only son.

 he doesn't show his feelings not wanting his son to see he stays strong for his family to keep them safe and well.

So he keeps training with his son.

 not knowing how he feels, not asking too much on his mind because he doesn't know how,

 he forgets.

 but she soon passes along aside there Itaro is so upset running into the very same forest where she got this damned illness he cries walking alone all he feels is cold rough wind not his mothers soft gentle warmth never to be again.

His father was too hurt to know what to do. He goes after his son and finds his boy.

 He does and walks him back. They both hurt deeply. Itaros' father tries to do other things to not think about his beloved's death to train to teach to eat to lead but not to heal.

 He trains with his on a very windy, rainy day his father is caught with his guard.

 down stabbed in the back by traitors of his own, his son runs, hides, he sees his son do so, he is scared of dying as he whispers to his son in great pain “itaro please help me…. defeat.. then he looks away cowring from his father, crawling towards him as he dies slowly, painfully he sees him through a crack in the wall looking at his father; he is frozen in fear.

 seeing him die without Mercy stabbed on the ground with no weapon not doing anything, no honor for his father he remembers that day forever, he regrets that day forever.