Dancing Love | Teen Ink

Dancing Love

March 5, 2019
By sammylee BRONZE, Brunswick, Ohio
sammylee BRONZE, Brunswick, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I wake up to my really annoying alarm clock at 8am like I do everyday and starts my day. Everyday I start the day by doing the same things, get up at 8, take a shower, get dressed then walk to the diner down the street for breakfast. After breakfast I run my errands and I end my day at the bookstore owned by the local orphanage. As I dry my long brown hair I think about how much I miss the rest of my family who lives in Manchester, UK. Which is 1139.42 Km away from where I live in Strasbourg France. I do my hair in my basic style which is up in a bun with my bangs over my face and two little clips in an 'X’ shape in my bangs on the left. I put on a light pink T-shirt and dark denim Jeans, then grab my grey fuzzy mini backpack that I use as a purse and I leave for the day.


Steven


I wake up and get ready for my shift at the bookstore the orphanage, I grew up in, owns. I always wear a black shirt and a dark grey suit coat, don't judge me it's what I likes to wear even in the middle of July like it is now. After getting dressed and getting some breakfast, which was just last night's, leftovers I go downstairs to the bookstore, I live in the apartment above the bookstore and I don't have to worry about rent right now. As always I was the first one there so I turn on all the lights, open the doors and prepare myself for another normal boring day.


Charlize


“Finally time to go to the bookstore” I mumble to myself as I finish putting away my groceries. my grabbed my new bag and headed out to the bookstore. The bookstore is like half bookstore half library. There are chairs for you to sit and read but you can't take the books home for free you have to buy them to leave with them. Since it's only a 2 minute walk to the store so I was there in no time.

“Hey Charlize” Jay, one of the employees, says to me as I walk in,

“Hey Jay got any new books?” I ask.

“In the back, you’re welcome to go in the back and look at them if you want” he says.

“Thanks Jay, I’ll be in the back if you need me” I say and head to the back where they keep all the new books that they got in that day. Everyday I read the new books and see what they are about and if the donated books are in good condition. I sat down in the chair that's in the back and start to reading. I was there for hours reading book after book.


Steven


I got back from my 3 hour break, I get such a long break because I work from open to close which is like 15 hours from 8am-11pm don't ask my why those are our hours they just are.

“Hey Jay” I say walking in Jay works the second most around here

“Hey Steven how was your break?” he asks.

“I was good, you can go on yours now that I am back from mine.”

“Ok, Jenny! Your on the register!” he yells over to Jen who is putting some books away.

“I’ll cover the register till you done Jen” I say to her and go behind the counter as Jay leaves. After about an hour and a half Jen is done with the books and took over the register. I walk around the store to make sure everything was nice and clean before going in the back where I found a girl about my age that I have never seen before reading our new book, only employees are allowed back here.

“Excuse me miss” I say and get no response “Miss?” “Madam?”


Charlize


“Adam” I hear  when I am pulled out of the magical world I was in.

“Bonjour Monsieur” I say looking at a guy who appears to be about my age with jet black hair and light blue eyes, wearing  a black shirt grey suit coat and black jeans.

“Madam you are not allowed back here” he says.

“Oh sorry monsieur but actually I am allowed back here. I read all the new books and make sure the used ones are in good condition, you can ask Mrs Pat Nagy if you don't believe me” I say.

“Ohhhh you're the one girl that's allowed back here sorry” he says.

“It's ok... I don't think I have seen you around what's your name?”

“The name is Steven, I'm normally on break at this time I took an early break today” he says and sits down “So how are the books?”

“Good so far they are all in good condition and are all good books”

“That's good to hear” he says. “What’s your name?”

“Charlize Rose Star.”

“Small beautiful flower fitting name for you.”

“And what’s your name?”

“Steven Loki Ackerman.”

“So you are part god” I say knowing that Loki is a god but

“Yep! That or a witch you never know.”


**************************************************************************

Charlize


As the days went by Steven and I talked more and more. Today we are going to the park to hang out and go for a walk around the park.

“Hey Charlize!” Steven says as he walks up to me with a smile on his handsome face.

“Hey Steven”

“Comment vas-tu?(how are you)” he asked me.

“Je vais bien, merci.(I’m good, thanks). comment vas-tu?” I asked

“Je vais bien aussi, merci (I am good too, thanks)”

“pouvons-nous parler en anglais s'il vous plaît (can we speak in english please)”I ask

“Of course we can” he says

“Thank you” I say

“So tell me a bit about you and your family”

“Ok, well I’m the youngest of three children I got an older brother and an ever older sister. My mum and Dad have been married for 27 years and have know each other for 39 years a-”

“-Nous sommes en france parler francais!(We are in france speak french!)” a girl yells at me

“Excusez-moi?” Steven says

“pardon me?” I say

“tu l'as entendue parler francais (you heard her speak french)” another girl says

“parlez-vous même français?( do you even speak french)” the third girl says

“Oui, je parle français. (Yes I speak french)” The girls go on saying some really hurtful things just because of the fact that I won't speak french the first girl and second girl even punched me. I ran home just to get away from them.

Steven


I look over at the girls “what are your names?” I ask in French.

“Frau Troffea” the first girl says

“Alyssa Dubois” the second girl says

“Samantha Tarte” the last girl says they were stupid enough to tell me there names with this information. I go home and pull out my spell book, my real spell book for I am a witch. I fip threw the pages and find a curse that can make this girl dance until they pass out from exhaustion. I wrote down all the engrents and then when out to buy then ones I could and find the ones in the wild that I couldn’t buy. This took me about a week to get very thing together then cast the curse the first girl that will be affected is Frau Troffea because she started this all. A few days after I cast my spell she was out there dancing in the next few days Alyssa and Samantha were dancing too. I thought that was going to be the end of it but more and more and more people started dancing.

“Steven are you ok?” I hear Charlize ask from the other side of the door

“Yeah I’m fine” I lie

“‘I’m coming in you haven’t been out of your room for days” she says opening my door and I run to grab by spell book from the table that I set it down on after failing at trying to find a cure. I successfully hide it behind my back

“You sure your ok?” Charlize asks as soon as she sees me

“Y-yeah i'm-fine” I stutter as she comes closer to me in my panic to hide the book I ended up dropping it and Charlize picks it up.


Charlize


I look at the book then at Steven then back at book and do this repeatedly for like 2 minutes “Y-you’re a witch” I say looking at him

“Yeah” he says and looks down

“This ‘dancing plague is your doing?”

“Mhm”

“And you’re trying to stop it right?”

“Yes I am but I don't know how, I thought it would only affect those girl from the park and I didn’t think anyone would did.” he says and I can tell he is 110% telling the truth.

“Ok your secret's safe with me” I say and give him a hug. The next few days went by with us trying to find a cure still nothing, but I was starting to not feel so good I was currently headed to the bookstore to meet up with steven I can see the store that's how close I am when I stop walking and suddenly start dance, I have caught the Plague.


Steven


I am waiting for Charlie to come over to tell her I found the cure when I happen to look out my window and see her dancing and I knew what I had to do I took a pen out and wrote her a note in the form of a poem and taped it to the outside of my door so she could see it along with the page of m spell book that I wort the cure on then I left giving the spell book to the other witch I knew, Jay.


Charlize


After about an hour after I started dancing everyone stopped I ran the rest of the way to the bookshop and went up stairs finding two piece of paper taped to Stevens door one was a hand written poem that read

I’m Sorry

You have changed me-

-for the better I know

I use to tell everyone to leave me be,

Now I never want to let you go.

I’m sorry for my mistake

I never meant to hurt you

It makes my heart Ache

But I know what I must do.

I am sorry I but you through this

I never meant to cause you harm

I just wanted to bring you bliss

I will end my charm.

And set you free

Free to flee.

I then look at the other paper it has the spell he used and in the margins it in his hand writing it says

“For the spell to be broken the on that cast it must die-”

I burst out crying and fall to the ground

THE END


The author's comments:

takes place in 1518 based on the dancing plague