The Biggest Day Of My Life | Teen Ink

The Biggest Day Of My Life

November 5, 2018
By kstates73 BRONZE, Brunswick, Ohio
kstates73 BRONZE, Brunswick, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

5:29 A.M.

Today is September 11th, 2001 it’s the big day for me, Isaac Scott. I’m gonna ask the love of my life to marry me. I'm going to surprise her in the biggest way… I’m flying up to New York where she works at the South tower of the World Trade center for her dad Ralph Brown. He owns the top law firm in the country. His daughter is the one I’m asking to marry and potentially get some type of job from today. I had to get a sub today for my class, but I’m so upset because the President Of The United States, George W. Bush is coming to read to MY class today, but somethings are much more bigger than that. Now it’s my time to board my plane and get ready for single handedly the biggest day of my life. The plane was super nice since I’m riding up in the front because the firm paid for my flight. Now I wonder If Amber’s dad paid for it, he really isn’t supposed to know about me trying to get a job at the firm but he is well aware of me asking his daughter to marry her.


A FEW HOURS LATER 7:59 A.M.


I land at the airport and already have a cab waiting for me, now I’m starting to believe that Ralph really got me my flight and personal cab. But Ralph has his own level in the North tower for the higher up people, Amber works in the South tower. So I have to go all the way up to the 95th floor on the North tower which is a pain in my ass. But that pain in the ass is a good pain because it determines my new lifestyle, coming from the sunny days of Florida or coming to the cold days of New York City. It’s totally worth because the love of my life Amber Brown lives and works here. Also if I get this very fat paycheck I will be living life. Trust me I’m not trying to be a lawyer for the guy, I’m gonna be his accountant. He fired his recent one because of the guy making false claims of him stealing money from his own employers which would be his daughter, and personally knowing the guy he isn’t and will never do that. But after thinking of my lines I’m gonna say after each question going up the elevator for a solid 5 to 10 minutes in a claustrophobic environment. I get up to the floor and I see Ralph standing all the way at the end of the hall waiting for me, I cannot believe he is gonna be the guy interviewing me.


33 MINUTES LATER 8:24 A.M.


I cannot believe I’m going from an elementary school teacher to the accountant of the most powerful man in the law firm business. Now I’m officially on my way to the South tower to ask Amber to marry me.  She’s on the 90th floor from what her dad told me, I’ve rehearsed the words “Amber, will you marry me?” at least 10,000 times, just over and over again. Now I finally got up to the floor and I’m sweating like a pig walking up to her cubicle. Looking like a zombie I surprise her.  Amber said “oh my god Isaac why are you here?” I said “I’m here for two reasons, for my job and you” Amber says “why for me? And since when have you been looking for a new job?” I say “Me and your dad have been talking about me being the new accountant for his firm and something else” Amber says “Wow..um ok now why are you here for me?” I said “Well ... Amber, will you marry me? Amber says “OH MY GOD, YES!” and everyone began to clap. I say “yeah that something else happened to be your father’s blessings” Amber says “That’s so sweet of you, and I know how intimidating he can be sometimes but… wait do you hear that?” I say “Hear what?” because I believe I’m partly deaf. Amber said “That loud screeching noise, like a jet” I say the TV and I said “oh no, oh no, oh no!” Amber and I felt the floor shake and she said “look outside!” The office and I look outside and see the damage and all I say is “oh dear god” The TV says “I just witnessed a plane that appeared to be cruising at slightly lower-than-normal altitude over New York City, and it appears to have crashed into -- I don't know which tower it is -- but it hit directly in the middle of one of the World Trade Center towers.” Amber says “What is this? Isaac what the hell is this? I’m scared, what do we do?” I say “We have to get out of here now, as soon as possible.” Amber says “But Isaac my dad is in that building, do we just leave him?”. I say “What floor is he on?”. Amber says “the 95th floor”. I say “let’s see what the news says first then we can decide”. Amber says “We can’t wait” Then The Office worker said “I just got off the phone with my buddy from the north tower, the floors that have been hit by the plane are the 93rd, 94th, 95th, 96th, 97th, 98th, and 99th.” Amber dropped to her knees and starts to sob I said “Maybe he got out in time, if we get out of here we can go now and find him, ok were on the 90th floor, if we go now we will find him, you gotta trust me Amber said :ok, ok I trust you” I said “OK PEOPLE LISTEN UP! Amber and I are gonna head down the building now and try and get out of here before anything else happens. What time is it now?” Office worker said “Its 8:54” I said “Ok we can get down and out of the building at 9:15-9:25ish we will be safe.” Then the  Office worker said “how would you know?” I said “I used to be a teacher about a day ago. ALRIGHT PEOPLE WE NEED TO LEAVE LETS GO!”

8 MINUTES PASS BY

We reached the 75th floor and all we heard was that loud and screaming jet sound again and I grabbed the love of my life's hand I said “I love you Amber Brown” and that was it, the kids I taught were gone from my life, my parents knew I was gone, and those were my last words, thoughts, and last moments of my life.


The author's comments:

Raw Thoughts