Dabitis | Teen Ink

Dabitis

By TheRyanLawerence BRONZE, Baraboo, Wisconsin
TheRyanLawerence BRONZE, Baraboo, Wisconsin

Nick Cage sets out to save Jake paul, who has fallen to Dabitis. This serious medical case is not well known and Nick must find a cure for Jake.

Chapter 1: Introduction

The year is 2019 and many things have changed since the prior year. Nicolas Kim Coppola Cage, more commonly known as Nick Cage is rightfully having the most successful career of his life. In the past year, he has achieved many awards. He won 4 Oscars, he surpassed Jeff Bezos as the world's richest man with a net worth of over $1,000,000,000,000, and of course, he won the title of “sexiest man alive” by PEOPLE magazine. Nick being the man that he is realizes that he won’t be on this planet forever. He decided he needed an apprentice. He spent years trying to find someone who is worthy of his teachings, and finally, he found Logan Paul in 2013. Logan Paul is a 23 year old male who resides in Los Angeles. He has been known to have strange tendencies to vlog deceased things. Ever since Nick found Logan, their partnership has become unbreakable.

Chapter 2: Main Story

Logan was so happy that he dabbed harder than he’s ever dabbed before, but this dab felt different. This time, he became stuck. The omniscient Nick Cage knew what was happening. He has contracted the virus Dabitis which currently has no cure. Nick knows that he must do everything he can to cure Logan of this disease. The longest a person has ever survived dabitis was 4 days, so Nick knows he must start this mission immediately.
Many people offered to help Nick, but he kindly declined their help knowing that they’d only slow him down. Nick booked a flight to meet with one of the only survivors of dabitis in Washington D.C. When he got there, it took him back to his times filming National Treasure, but was he was reminiscing about better times, he heard a boy yelling, “Wait Nick!”. Nick turns around to greet the boy. When the boy finally reached Nick he says, “My name is Timmy. I am a huge fan of yours! What are you doing back in D.C.?”. Nick goes on to explain to the boy that his apprentice has contracted the dabbing virus, and he needs to find a cure before it’s too late. “Well let me help you,” said Timmy. “I’ve lived here my whole life. I could guide you wherever you need to go”. Nick thought it might be quicker if he had someone that could guide him to wherever he needs to be, so he accepts Timmy’s request. Nick asks Timmy if he knows where the dabitis survivor lives. “Yeah I actually do know where he lives,” said Timmy. “His name is Mason and he lives in the same neighborhood as mine, but he is usually being studied at the laboratory downtown.” Nick decided to wait until the evening to go to the Mason’s house because he thought he would most likely be home by then. When it was 7 p.m., they decided to go to Mason’s house to interview him about what he knows about his dabitis. As Nick and Timmy pulled up to Mason’s house, they noticed how run down it was. They knocked on Mason’s door, and his father came to the door to greet them. “What can I do for you two?” he asked. Nick told him they need to interview his son Mason about dabitis immediately because he doesn’t have a lot of time. After a half an hour of interviewing Nick felt stumped. As he leans back in his chair about to accept defeat, he looks around the room and sees pictures of Mason and his family. He notices that in pictures where Mason is younger, his mom is in them, but in the other pictures where he is older, she is not in them. Nick asks Mason where his mom is, and he told Nick that she had a heart attack when Mason had dabitis. Mason started to tear up when he was thinking about his mother. Soon after Mason’s mother’s death, his dabitis was cured. This led Nick to believe that the only cure to dabitis is to take something that the infected person loves. Nick goes on to thanks Mason for his time, and he leaves. Nick then brought Timmy home, then he took off to Logan in Los Angeles. His time is running low now and he must take something Logan loves away from him. Nick knows he can’t kill anybody that he loves so he thought maybe if he took away his YouTube channel, it could possibly cure the disease. So he hops onto YouTube and he tries to hack into Logan’s channel. He’s tried everything, but he couldn’t find out what the password was. But right when he was about to give up, it hit him. He knew what the password was, it was “ITSeveryDaybro”. He finally got into the channel and deleted it. As soon as it was deleted, Logan was cured.

This piece is really close to my heart.