Dead by Daylight | Teen Ink

Dead by Daylight

By wesleytincher BRONZE, Sharpsburg, Kentucky
wesleytincher BRONZE, Sharpsburg, Kentucky

Dead by Daylight
It was an ordinary day. An ordinary night in the forest. Except I as there tied up against a tree. I don’t know how I got here, or how I will escape. The ground is cold. The air is thick and blanketed by fog. My hands feel the rope: hard, leathery, and cold. I can hear crickets chirping. Now you hear something else. “Crunch Crunch Crunch” sound like footsteps. Getting closer, and closer, and now it is right on top of me. I held my breath. Two feet right in front of me, blue jeans, ripped shirt, deformed face. It resembles a face that got skidded on a road after falling out of a moving truck. It cut me loose, and packed me on his shoulder. I struggled to break loose to get free, and finally I broke loose. I ran and ran, and ran.
Thank god for my speed, I was much faster than it. It had a limp and a club that it ranted about, that mad my think he is angry at me. What did I do to him or what does he want to do with me?  I ran and ran just as fast as my legs could carry me. When I knew I was safe I sat down to catch me breath. I needed to find a way out of this place. I looked around and saw a very large door. I ran towards the generator, it was not that far away. There was a lever. I then pulled the lever down, but nothing happened. I scanned the area again. None of the industrial lights are on either. I then looked for something to turn on everything. In the distance I saw a generator. I walked over to it. It has gas, but the controls are a little shaky. I moved the control box up and down and it started to work. One piston is now moving. I continued to shake the control box and the second piston started to move. Then the third and the forth and the fifth . Now the industrial light is on. But the door has not opened yet. “Crush!!” the generator is smashed. The hunter has found me. I took off again. Running, sprinting trying to get away from the Hunter. I can't stop, I won't stop not until I get free.
It has been awhile since I last seen the hunter. But I have not been looking for him. Yes I have ran up upon another generator. But as I approached the generator a saw something. It wasn't the Hunter. It wasn't big, it was my size. Another human. As I ran up to her I noticed something else, there was someone else.  Somebody else another person. I’m now running towards them.  They’re working on the generator. I started to help them but they didn’t seem to notice. Then I started to talk. ¨Guys do you know how...¨
        “shhhhhhhhh” they both stammered.
        “He will find us if you start talking.” the woman said. She was absolutely terrified of the Hunter.
        “ Well, can I at least know your name?” Dave said.
“Martha” the woman said.
“ Hank” the man said.
“ My name is Dave,” Dave said “ and the awkward silence continues. Hey do either of you know how you got here?”
“Nope” said Martha.
“Do you all know how to get out?” Asked Dave.
“Turn on three generators,” said Hank “we already turned on two now we just need this one”. Dave then started looking around, and he spotted the Hunter. The Hunter saw him too.
“Run!!!” Dave was barely able to get out as he took off. But the others stayed.
“Almost there” Hank struggled to say. Then the Hunter sprinted towards the group. 
“There, fixed”  Hank said. Just than the Hunter snached up Martha. “Martha!”
Hank screamed.
        “Help me” screamed Martha.  Then the Hunter grabbed Hank, and put him and Martha on his shoulder and took off. The Hunter completely forgot about Dave. Dave didn’t forget about him. Dave looked at the open door that Hank had opened by turning on the  generator. Dave thought either save himself or try to save the others.
Dave started to follow the Hunter. Hank and Martha was both trying to break free. Hank was able to push Martha off the Hunter’s arm, but she twisted her ankle and couldn’t walk. This made the hunter mad and he threw Hank on the ground. The hunter than decided to take his club and smash Hank’s head in. The scary thing is that all it took was one swipe. But Dave didn’t have time to be scared. While the Hunter was occupied with Hank’s body, Dave sneaked over and picked up Martha and started to walk away. The Hunter got done with Hank’s body and turned around. Martha was trotting away with Dave. The Hunter knew he had one of them or both of them so he started to slowly walk towards them. The mental torture as well as the physical torture.
        “Come on!” Dave yelled.
        “Leave me” Martha yelled. Just then the Hunter started to look around. It seemed like he heard something. A man ran out of the woods and slammed into the Hunter.
        “Come and get me, you big thing” the stranger screamed. The Hunter than stood up. This time he straightened out his hump in his back. He was about twice the size of the stranger. “O Crap!!” the stranger said as he started to run away.
        “Let’s get you out of here” Dave said to the wounded Martha. As they walked towards the open door the stranger ran towards the two. He puts Martha’s arm around
his neck.
“Let's go if we get out of the gate then we will be home free. The Hunter can't go out side of this forest, and as you know your friend has opened the gate that leads us out of the forest. So what are we waiting for?” the stranger said
“Then all may be true, but what happened to the Hunter? And in a completely unrelated note Who The Heck Are You?” Dave screamed.
“Yea i’m Mark and I outsmarted the Hunter to give me and you all a chance to escape. But you haven’t done it yet.” Mark said.
“No Escape!!!!!!!” The hunter said as he found the group again.
“I thought you outsmarted him?”Dave asked.
“Yea I think he found us.” said Mark.
“You Think???” screamed Dave.
“I will drive hu away again.” said Mark.
“Nope my turn.” said Dave as he slowly took Martha’s arm off his shoulder, and said “out get her out of here. Now!” Dave now addresses the Hunter” Hey Shorty!”
The Hunter then looks at dave with a puzzled look. “ Yea you, you overgrown rabbit.” Dave meant to say frog .”I mean frog”  Dave quickly retorted. The Hunger gave him a puzzled stare. “ Hop your  butt over here and get your butt kicked.” As soon as Dave realized that h said that The Hunter charged him. “O Crap!!!”. Dave took off running away from the door trying to lure The Hunter away from Martha and Mark. Dave thought “Well if Mark can do it, so can I”. The Hunter was gaining on him. Doubt has seeped into his mind. Fear, Fear, Fear, this is all that is going through his head. Run, Run, Run , too late. The Hunter has caught up to Dave.
¨ Smack¨ goes the club against  Dave´s leg. Dave does a beautiful swan dive into the ground. A sickening thud as Dave´s head bounced off the ground. Dave turns over and lays on his back to face The Hunter.  The Hunter lifts up his club and puts it on Dave´s head as if he was measuring the final shot. The Hunter lifts the club up high in the air and...