The Lagoon | Teen Ink

The Lagoon

October 10, 2016
By Disnafanatic BRONZE, Dublin , California
Disnafanatic BRONZE, Dublin , California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Peter POV-
I had just gotten back from the Mermaid Lagoon with Jane, she had been pestering me about seeing the mermaids ever since she’d come to Neverland.
“ So Jane how’d you like the Mermaid  Lagoon?” I asked her. She looked at me as if i had just insulted her.
“ Oh you mean besides the Mermaids trying to kill me...it was beautiful, i’ve never seen such clear blue water...” She paused, when we got to Hangman's Tree. ” Peter, why were they trying to drown me? They kept asking why you brought another one to Neverland?”
“ They don’t know you, they only know your mother, And what she was like.” I explained with a heavy heart when speaking of Wendy.
“Well i'm not my mother i'm Jane, her daughter. I don't know much about her but I know that we are two different people.” She was starting to cry.
It's been three years since Wendy’s been dead, and three years that Captain Hook has tried to kill me and the lost boys. The boys think that Wendy’s not dead because the police never found the body, but all that Jane knows one day her mother is tucking her in bed at night then the next day she’s gone and then police say that her mother's dead, that's a lot information for a 9 year old. I don’t remember too much about having a mother but I do know Wendy and when I found out, I was devastated. I can't imagine how she must feel, that's why I brought her to Neverland I thought that if she was here she wouldn't think about Wendy but those villainous mermaids ruined my plan. It's because of me that she’s here, and weeping about her mother.
“ let’s go inside the rainbow is going away, it's going to be a rainy night.” I declared.
That's great  now it raining. What else can go wrong?
“Peter i'm sorry I know that you we're trying to get my mind of my mom but it's hard to think about it because before she died it was just us two, and when she was dead I was all alone I...I had nobody…” Jane said in a wretched tone.
“ Hey what do you want to do tomorrow?” I ask, trying to change the subject.
“ I don’t know, what do you want to do?” she questioned, as she was drying her tears.
“Well we already went to see the mermaids, maybe we can go visit Tiger Lilly and her family?” I replied.
“Okay .”She said with a yawn.
The lost boys came in the treehouse screaming and banging on the wood of the house with their sticks.
“Shhh. Jane is trying to sleep!” I quietly yelled
They all quietly tip-toed to their room. And Tink followed. The next morning we all go up and started to walk to the Indian Camp,the whole way there jane and the lost boys we're talking about consterices on why hook hasn't bothered them in 3 years.
“ Maybe he hasn't been feeling good since we took his ship.” Cubby said.
“ Maybe he just hasn't shaved in those 3 years.” The twins said.
“ Maybe Tic-Tock ate him.”Slightly said stupidly.
Jane was laughing, and i couldn't help but to laugh as well. We soon got to the Indian Camp, Tiger Lily was so happy to me, but not Jane because she looks just like Wendy.
“ Hello Tiger Lily, i'm Jane.” Jane introduced herself.
“How” Lily’s dad says to Jane.
We began to dance around the fire that was lighting the camp. Soon 3 hours went by, we we're just about to leave when we heard a sound that we hadn't heard in years.
“Yo ho,yo ho, a pirate's life for me!” Hooks men sang as they revealed themselves from the bushes. Then everything went dark.
I opened my eyes and I realized that we we're now in Skull rock and the lost boys and i we're tied up on a cliff above the deep dark blue water. Jane was also tried up, on a ship called The Jolly Roger 2
“So you decided to wake up huh Pan?” Hook said from the ship.
“What do you want Hook we all thought you were dead” I taunted.
“ Oh you may not want to upset me boy.” he said with a cleaver semerk.
The rope that was holding us all over the water got lower.
“ Isn't it Obvious ?” he asked
“ isn't what obvious?”i ask
“ I want my daughter back!” He screams.
“Daughter?!” we all question.
“I'm your daughter?” Jane asks
“Yes Captain Hook is your father.” A very familiar voice says.
“Who are you?” Jane asks the voice.
“Has it really been that long since we’ve been together? I'm wendy, your mother. I know that everyone back home said that i was dead but i'm not i'm here and here to stay always and forever.” Wendy stepped into the light so that we all could see her.
“ Mom!” jane said.
Hook went up to jane and untied her so that she could hug her mother.
“ Why did you leave me?” Jane asked.
“ Hook was trying to find away to get both of us back to neverland but it only teleported me not you and that meant I couldn't go back to you, we're so sorry” Wendy said in tears.
“ Now Pan i'm going to let you out this rope and i'm not going to kill you...yet hahaha.”Hook said to me. He released me.
I flew over to Jane .
“ Thank you Peter you helped me find my family.” she said as soon I was by her.