Dear Hogwarts | Teen Ink

Dear Hogwarts MAG

Dear Albus Dumbledore,

I am writing to inquire about the absence of my acceptance letter to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I know not every owl can be 100 percent dependable, but what I don’t understand is how many owls it could possibly take until my letter arrives. I’m not asking to compete in the Triwizard Tournament or anything too extravagant, but I would like to know when I can catch the next train leaving King’s Cross station. I realize that seats on the train are limited, and so I would like to point out that I’m not particular and that I wouldn’t mind arriving at school by flying car.

I do also think that the lack of letters in my mail could be because both of my parents are muggles. However, don’t let that fool you. I know for a fact that I contain potential to be an excellent witch. For example, one time in the fifth grade I sneezed and my dog levitated! Now, it is up to interpretation whether the dog simply jumped out of fear, but my analysis is that the dog did in fact levitate. I believe that this was just the start of my magical talent, and through learning at Hogwarts I hope to expand my skills.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you and finally receiving my acceptance letter with your response.

Sincerely,

A Future Hogwarts Graduate

P.S. No rush on your response, but I was hoping to arrive in time for Quidditch tryouts.

on Apr. 7 2016 at 12:32 pm
Leigh116 PLATINUM, Easley, South Carolina

"We're all mad here." -Alice in Wonderland

This is seriously amazing!

on Mar. 24 2016 at 4:21 pm
midnightpianist, Falls Church, Virginia
This is amazing! I love it! It is very creative!

on Jan. 16 2016 at 12:41 pm
addictwithapen PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia

"I'm at it again as an addict with a pen." - twenty one pilots, addict with a pen

I read the first line and was immediately like: "Same." I love this, extremely relatable!

CianaB GOLD said...
on Jan. 15 2016 at 3:31 pm
CianaB GOLD, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
I really like this!!!!! Just wondering, is Hermione the person writing the letter?