Dear Hogwarts | Teen Ink

Dear Hogwarts MAG

January 12, 2016
By Anonymous

Dear Albus Dumbledore,

I am writing to inquire about the absence of my acceptance letter to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I know not every owl can be 100 percent dependable, but what I don’t understand is how many owls it could possibly take until my letter arrives. I’m not asking to compete in the Triwizard Tournament or anything too extravagant, but I would like to know when I can catch the next train leaving King’s Cross station. I realize that seats on the train are limited, and so I would like to point out that I’m not particular and that I wouldn’t mind arriving at school by flying car.

I do also think that the lack of letters in my mail could be because both of my parents are muggles. However, don’t let that fool you. I know for a fact that I contain potential to be an excellent witch. For example, one time in the fifth grade I sneezed and my dog levitated! Now, it is up to interpretation whether the dog simply jumped out of fear, but my analysis is that the dog did in fact levitate. I believe that this was just the start of my magical talent, and through learning at Hogwarts I hope to expand my skills.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you and finally receiving my acceptance letter with your response.

Sincerely,

A Future Hogwarts Graduate

P.S. No rush on your response, but I was hoping to arrive in time for Quidditch tryouts.