Kanye | Teen Ink

Kanye

August 24, 2015
By Julia1999 SILVER, Weston, Connecticut
Julia1999 SILVER, Weston, Connecticut
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." - Michael Scott
Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. - Michael Scott


Once, Kanye stood by himself, in front of a mountain. Well, no not really, technically, he was behind the mountain, but that's merely a fact, and Kanye always ignores the facts. With his arms stretched out wide, an illusion--that he held up, not only the mountain before him, but the sky, and consequently, the earth--was created. This illusion became embedded in Kanye's blood.
Why was he there? He had set out to prove himself to the haters back home. The ones who spit in his face, laughed at his beats, jumped on his tracks. He had to show them, and this was the only way. Kanye had endured subterranean weather, ranging from 65-75 degrees K. K for Kanye. He had trekked through deserts, and snow, and forests, and small towns. And he had finally reached his goal. He stood where the greats had stood before him: John Lenin, Bill Joel, Eric Stompton, to name a few. With this action, Kane created his legacy.

When he returned from his journey, Kane was hailed as a god. No one could really quite tell what had changed in him, but everyone knew it was something profound, but slight--just unnoticeable to the naked eye. Whatever it was, it made him great. He lept from one level to the top. Never looking back, forgetting to take the stairs.

What they didn't know, was that he had looked back. When he stood in front of the mountain, with his arms stretched out wide, touching the corners of the sky, Kanye had had his doubts. Was this where he was supposed to be? Did he stand over here, or over there? And was he in front of, or behind, the mountain?


The author's comments:

Yeezy.