Lindsey Gets Lost in 2028 | Teen Ink

Lindsey Gets Lost in 2028

By ObsessedPanhead BRONZE, Avonmore, Pennsylvania
ObsessedPanhead BRONZE, Avonmore, Pennsylvania

"Normal? What's that? It's a setting on a washing machine-nobody wants to be that,"-Ashley Purdy

Lindsey Stirling is like everyone else. loves music, has dreams-and even a crush (but she'll never say-yet). Yet when she is zapped to 2028, she'll meet a few unlikely people who'll teach her about the future and help her go back to her own time.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Odd Happenings

--Lindsey's POV--

It started out like any other day. I woke up in my bunk on my tour bus, my brain kicking in to automatically list my day plans. I knew we were arriving in Tin City today for my first concert of my Freedom album tour and the people that know me can get a bit crazy-which means I might need to use a disguise. I chuckled at the thought, pushing aside my bunk curtain and standing up, looking up and down the isle to see if anyone else was up. Nope, not that I could see. Quickly I brushed off Chips Ahoy! crumbs off my pajamas. We stayed up late last night after bible study, eating cookies and talking. I was a good girl though. I only had three cookies. The boys however, polished off the rest of the two boxes easily-since there’s a lot of people on my crew, as well as Drew and Gavi (my drummer and keyboardist) and backup dancers, Pete and Stevo.
I quickly walked to the bathroom and locked the door-then unlocked it upon seeing myself in the mirror. My hair was totally knotted up and some was even sticking straight up! That gave me an idea-I’d send a SnapChat to all my fans with my bed hair! I know they love stuff like that-so do I. I’m proud to call myself kinda weird like that. I quickly walked back to my bunk and unplugged my iPhone. Or what I thought was my iPhone-it felt more like a piece of plastic. I pulled it out into the light and gasped-it looked like a thin, clear piece of plastic! I cautiously poked at it, wondering if the boys pulled yet another prank on me and was hacking my Facebook right now.
“Pete? Stevo? What are you guys doing,” I called, standing in the isle. A moment later, Stevo’s head poked out of the bunker curtain. I caught myself staring, majorly freaked out-because he looked older! There were more white hairs mixed in with his goatee, his hair now more grown-out. He waved the same piece of plastic in the air and looked at me, blinking rapidly.
“Lindsey, what’s up,” he asked, ending with a yawn.
“I could ask the same thing…” I commented, staring at the dangling arm, holding the-what is going on??
“Well I was going to call Katrina,” he said, blushing. I was about to ask who Katrina is, but then decided against it.
“Okay-tell her I said hi,” I commented, edging away a bit.
Stevo tilted is head and looked at me, “Lindsey are you ok? You look a bit pale…”
“Uh-yeah! I just need to go for a walk.”
“Okay.”
I quickly dove into my bunk, groping around for my mini flashlight-then the plastic looking slice I held lit bright, neon-blue around the edge as a notification popped up like it would on a normal iPhone. I gasped and moved away, hitting my head on the headboard. The pain felt like nothing, however. Okay, so my phone magically changed in the middle of the night, Stevo looked older. What next? I shook my head and stared at the phone-thing as the notification disappeared. I picked it up and inspected it further. This thing was quite small, about the size of my palm. I looked and felt all around for an on/off button or even volume control. Nothing. The thing was as thin as a piece of paper. The only difference was, it was translucent.
I decided then I’d figure it out later-things were strange today. I put the phone-thing on my pillow and quickly threw on some black leggings with jean shorts and a cute red T-shirt. At least that didn’t change. I quickly brushed out my hair and tied it back in a high ponytail, brushing out my short bangs. Quickly I picked up the mysterious phone thing and slipped it into the back pocket of my jean shorts.
A nice, cool breeze greeted me as I stepped off the bus. I took a deep breath of air and exhaled. At least one thing was normal. I started walking down the sidewalk-then stopped upon hearing a female voice come from-under me?
“Hello Lindsey Stirling. Where would you like me to take you today,” said the voice.
“You’re…what? The sidewalk talks? And sounds like Siri,” I asked in disbelief.
“Yes. Do you not remember me? I am the Apple Sidewalk. I notice you are carrying an Apple iPhone 600. Do you wish me to contact a repairman for any possible damages to your phone?”
Okay that’s creepy. But at least I know I can call the mysterious phone thing my iPhone again. Wait. Apple iPhone 600? Talking sidewalks…Stevo looking forty?!
I knelt down next to the sidewalk and cautiously whispered, “What year is it?”
What Siri answered next almost made me faint.
“Why, it is 2028!”

Chapter Notes:

Hi! So i thought I would submit my first chapter of my fan fiction. Yes i realize it is pretty short-but! Longer chapters will be coming! I'll be working over the holiday but I'll squeeze in writing whenever I can and submit her when it's done.

Peace! Please comment! 

Chapter 2: Chapter 2: A Discovery --Jeanette’s POV—
I woke to the beginning strains of Lady Gaga’s song, “Applause” playing on my iPhone. I grunted and tapped at whatever spot was the brightest before it finally shut off. I grunted and picked it up, looking at the time. Why on earth would I wake up at six-freaking-o’clock? I groaned and threw one of my two Number-1 Sleep pillows over my head. My body ached-no screamed-for sleep. I have not slept well the past few nights. I can’t explain it other than I felt a…disturbance in time.
Well it’s what I felt.
I’m telling you, I would wake up every night feeling like something was happening-or was going to happen. I felt like little waves of air were running over my skin. No, it wasn’t from air conditioning and no, I’m not a psychic or a time traveler or anything like that-in fact I don’t think time travel is at all possible. However, I feel that this isn’t to be taken lightly.
I sighed and moved the pillow off my head, swinging up so I was sitting, I yawned and stretched, still wondering why I made myself get up at ridiculous o’clock in the morning. I blinked and turned on my Holo Lamp. The light flooded my room, lighting the green walls and yellow wool carpet. Through the open window I heard Siri Sidewalk talking to someone.
“The year is 2028.”
I widened my eyes and dashed over to the window. No one-no one-asks what year it is! Unless they have amnesia or something. I opened the window and stuck my head out, surveying my surroundings like a bird in her nest. I saw a flash of orange through the trees that bordered the sidewalk. I squinted as the orange went down just below the leaves. Hair. It was orange hair-attached to a woman in a red shirt and black leggings with jean shorts. At the moment, she was the only one out.
I shook my head and shut my window, throwing my Standard Citizen uniform on and finger-combing my hair back. Quickly, I darted out of my room and my apartment door-locking it securely as I went. I briskly walked down the stairs, then broke into a jog across the lawn-praying that a Law Enforcer wouldn’t see me. Lately, the government has asked us to walk on Siri Sidewalk and try to stay off the grass, plus made it legal to be arrested if you’re caught walking on grass, damaging trees or in any way hurting the environment-which is ridiculous, like plants can’t regrow or reproduce or anything.
“Hey you,” I called to her-making sure I was on the sidewalk. At first, the woman didn’t look up. She had her hand on the Siri Sidewalk piece, staying very still. I called out again, “Hey, you! Uh…woman on the walk!”
She slowly looked up at me and widened her eyes, however didn’t say a word. I walked towards her slowly, as if approaching an animal that didn’t know me. Her vivid grey-blue eyes regarded me with fear, her face slack.
“Are you alright,” I asked softly, kneeling beside her.
“Who are you,” she asked fearfully, “how am I fourteen years into the future?”
“Um…ma’m my name is Jeanette Steele. I am a Standardized Citizen here. As for the future question, I have no idea.”
“Uh…I-I’m Lindsey-Lindsey Stirling,” she said slowly, as if she was in shock.
“Lindsey Stirling…Lindsey…”
“Yes I am Lindsey Stirling,” she said with a patient note in her voice.
“You’re the dancing violinist? Played with dubstep,” I asked excitedly.
“That’s me-wait why are you referring to me in past tense,” she asked, sitting cross-legged on the sidewalk.
“Well…it is kind of a shock to see you since you retired.”
“I’m retired in 2028?”
“Yes, only because you shattered your leg… you couldn’t really dance anymore so you announced you were retiring-however you never stopped posting violin videos on YouTube,” I explained excitedly. That was it! This was THE Lindsey Stirling!
“Also, I been one of your fans ever since I was five,” I added excitedly-which is true. Mom was always a huge fan and was almost constantly playing Lindsey’s songs on her violin or would play them off her old iPod. Since I heard Crystallize, I was hooked. Which made me wonder how I didn’t recognize her at first glance-she looks like she never aged.
Wait a minute. She looks like she never aged.
Could this mean that my crazy feelings about time rippling and bringing her here were somehow warnings? Chapter Notes: So i decided to post this one today as well-however I will keep working on Chapter 3-hopefully it'll be a bit longer! Loff you all! PEACE!

Hi guys! Okay so this is my first piece, mainly inspired by Lindsey Stirling and The Missing series (by Margret Peterson Haddix-highly recommend!) And thought up the idea for the story! Please please PLEASE leave a comment because comments are magic. :P

Peace off and bless your face. if you sneeze reading my story, bless you.
BOOP!

@KittyKat1419 Thank you very much! I plan on posting more (it's only gonna get muuuuch better!) once mom actually reads it xD that's why I haven't updated recently. But thank you for the comment, it is much appreciated! :D

SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
This is an amazing piece I loved the series too (first book) like that you made it your own but based it off another story love t love it want more!!