The Academy | Teen Ink

The Academy

June 9, 2015
By Storm R BRONZE, Coronado, California
Storm R BRONZE, Coronado, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A small sniffle came from some corner of the unfamiliar room, and then a deep raspy voice said something in a language I could not understand.Their was a shuffling sound then cold hands abruptly wrapped themselves around my goosebump covered arms and began shaking me out of my sleep like trans. 

” She’s completely out of it.” said a husky voice.

His hands roughly release me and a I fell back onto the cold hard floor. Cracking my eyes open slightly I can barely make out two large males, one leaning against the wall and the other pacing. I try to shift my hands from behind my back but their bound in a brutal rope that digs into my skin with every twitch of my wrists. My eyes shut and my mody stills when a male voice fills the eerie silence that draped the room heavily.

“We have a job to finish, just…..put her in the car.” said a stern voice..

I hear a door open and slam shut then heavy footsteps approaching me. The same hands from moments before wrapped themselves around the back of my legs and the small of my back. Effortlessly I am being lifted into the air and thrown over his broad shoulder. His movements shift and his muscles ripple against my belly as he adjusts to my weight.

His heavy footsteps start again and a loud thump rings out followed by a rush of freezing air. I hear the muffled sound of a car engine running and the click of an opening car door being opened in front of me. Before I knew what was happening I was being laid, rather roughly into the cushioned seats of a larger SUV. The door slams once I am fully in, I sit up and turn my back towards the opposite door struggling to open the door with my bound hands, managing to maneuver my hands correctly the door cracks open and I push on it till it open and I fall backwards into the snow.

COLD, holy s*** its cold. Rolling over and scrambling onto my feet I run away from the vehicle I had just been shoved into by crazy ass men. I look around at my surroundings that are quickly passing as I sprint past them and realize its freaking snowing. Yup… This is just perfect I have no idea where I am, obviously somewhere where it snows...and the best part my hands are still tied in this gnarly rope.

There was a deep yell followed by an awful lot of cursing behind me. S***, faster, run faster. I didn't think my legs would carry me any faster than they already were. “ Where do you think you’re gonna go!?” Screamed one of their voices approaching from behind me.

He had me there I had no clue where I  was or where I was going but I knew one thing I wasn't going back with those  psycho without a fight. I kept running but I heard them getting closer and my legs grew weaker, pushing myself harder I kept going. I eventually stumbled onto a top of a hill that overlooked a small town. Looking behind me their was no visible sign of the men but I would hear them getting closer.  Looking at the steep side of the hill i decide to take a leap of faith...directly into the snowy...cold….hill side..this wasnt one of my best moments.