Poetic Confession: Canada x Reader | Teen Ink

Poetic Confession: Canada x Reader

May 28, 2015
By A.Ravens.Lullaby SILVER, Reidsville, North Carolina
A.Ravens.Lullaby SILVER, Reidsville, North Carolina
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The rain to the wind said,
'You push and I'll pelt.'
They so smote the garden bed
That the flowers actually knelt,
And lay lodged--though not dead.
I know how the flowers felt.

~ "Lodged" by Robert Frost


You smile a little as you listen to the soft drumming of rain against the window. A content sigh escapes your lips and you continue reading your novel. Suddenly, a small knock comes from the den and you wonder who could be visiting in this weather. You get up and rush over to the door and peer out the peephole. A familiar, shy Canadian stands there twirling his umbrella a little as he waits for you. You smile and open the door and greet your friend. "Hey, Canada!" His cheeks become rosy from your simple smile and he collapses his umbrella. "Hi, ______." You step aside and open the door wider for him to enter then close the door and lock it. "What brings you here?", you ask as you resume your position on the couch, but set your book on the coffee table. When you don't hear an answer, you look up at him and find his face really red.

Your maternal instincts come in and you stand and put the back of your hand on his forehead. "Are you okay? You didn't catch a fever on the way here did you?" Before he can answer, you rush to your kitchen and pour some tea that you had made earlier into a cup. "Here, drink this. It'll stop the cold before it gets bad.", you say urgently as you give him the mug. He smiles faintly and sets the cup down before speaking. "I'm fine, ______. I-I came because I needed to show you this." He finishes the sentence by reaching into his jacket and pulling out a slightly worn notebook. You both sit down and he hands it over to you, albeit a little reluctantly. You glance at him curiously, before opening the cover and reading its contents.

Look over at me.
Can you feel it too?
This warm sensation,
That I've never felt before.

As soon as I saw you,
You bewitched me with those eyes.
Those calm and soothing orbs,
Oh, if only they would look my way.

This heat in my heart is burning.
I wonder if yours is the same.
The loneliness that was once nested there,
Has flown far, far away.

Everything stops,
Once you peer over at me and smile.
I now know that I'll never give up,
In trying to win your heart like you conquered mine.

You're speechless as you finish the poem and look over at him. His face is like a tomato and he's fidgeting with his hands. "I-I have had feelings for you since we first met, _______. You were the first person to actually acknowledge me and like me for who I am." He glances over at you and finds you staring down at his written confession. His face heats up even more and he looks down at his hands. "I understand if you just want to be fri-!!!!!" He's cut off once you wrap your arms around him and squeeze him tight. "I feel the same way, Matthew." A large smile erupts on his face and he hugs you back. "And I love your poem. It was beautiful.", you add as you kiss him on the cheek.