Bigger Fish | Teen Ink

Bigger Fish

By Dave.token BRONZE, Hermann, Missouri
Dave.token BRONZE, Hermann, Missouri

"What do I have in my pocket?"

“Magikarp. Eons ago ‘twas said to be majestic and  powerful; now it is considered one of the weakest and most pathetic Pokemon in the world, and no one knows how it has survived... Ever since young trainers are ‘tricked’ into purchasing one at the PokéCenter on Route 4, from the fat bald man by the PC, for $500, magikarp receive bad raps as pathetic and weak Pokemon that aren’t worth the work. Soon, they are abandoned in PC’s or even rejected and sent back to the wild. Even if kept, most trainers will give up on training, and send Magikarp to Day Care, where it will be left alone...forgotten... But every so often, there is someone who is persistent...that person will achieve greatness, through hard work and perseverance, and a lot of patience; and eventually after all of that splashing and flailing around, that Level 5 Magikarp, that you paid $500 for, will reach Level 20...and when that day comes, that pathetic worthless Pokémon, will evolve into a Gyarados and obliterate all the haters.”
-Fisherman Proverb

We had to write a fable, and I took inspiration from a huge part of my childhood

lololol anon said...
very good poem