Big Headed Broken Hearts | Teen Ink

Big Headed Broken Hearts

March 16, 2015
By hanrahan BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
hanrahan BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

?Wandering through the odd land Olive became more and more confused. Covered in mud and grass she tried to remember how she got here. She recalled strolling through the woods before father called her in for supper. When suddenly there had been a flash of white and she began to follow it in a game of chase. Soon enough she noticed she had gone much farther than she thought . She took a few steps back trying to remember how to get home when she fell straight into a hole. In this hole were jagged rocks and branches sticking out at odd angles. On the way down Olive was scraped up and had a bad hit to the head knocking her out.

?Upon waking up Olive looked around and continued to blink thinking she was in a dream. Looking up she only saw the tops of trees and sky. She frowned but started walking in hopes of finding her way home. The more Olive walked the weirder this strange land became. So far she had come across large talking flowers, short stubby twins that did everything simoutaniously though disagree on everything, and last a mischevious purple striped cat that could in fact dissapear in a moments notice out of thin air.  All of these strange creatures had been very rude and teasing of Olives unusual big head.

? Continuing on her walk Olive's hope of finding her way home began to dwindle. Soon enough her stomach started to protest that she had never gotten supper and was surly starving now. The sweet smell of tea drifted to her nose and she followed its lovely scent to the most disfunctional tea party she had ever seen. At the end of the long table was a ragged looking man with curly orange hair and a top hat that had many diffrent odd things stuck to it. Sitting at the table with him was a hare, a small feild mouse, and a white rabbit. Olive recognized the white rabbit as the flash of white that led her here in the first place. Ducking a flying teacup Olive ran up to the long table. The orange haired man greeted her as he walked across the entire table to stand infront of her. Olive looking desperatly at this orange haired crazy man became confused as he started giggling at her.

"Well don't you have a big head!"

Olive shrunk into herself at the comment, all her life she had been teased for her unusually large head. She puffed her chest out demanding,

"How on earth am I to get home? Im tired, hungry, and this strange land has been quite enough for me thank you."

The orange haired man just continued to giggle at her large head, along with his laughter his friends at the table began to laugh as well. As soon as Olive realized they were to be of no help she stormed off in a rage. Why was it that everyone had to be so rude about her large head, her mother had always told her it was to keep in all her smarts but Olive didn't care. She hated everyone with their tiny heads and hurtful jokes. At that moment she swore she would get her revenge. Stumbling along she tripped over a pile of torn up playing cards. Looking around there was thousands of them, she began gathering them all up. Fixing broken tears here and there she gained their trust and respect. In return for her help they pledged their honor and duty to Olive. None of them ever looked twice at her big head.

Soon enough she had them working to the bone for her, building a castle, terrorizing villages, and bringing her back nice things. Something that stuck out more than the others was a small wand with a heart at the end of it, picking it up she began to carry it around with her everywhere. With Olives reputation of being an evil ruler growing she decided an appearance change was needed. She had the cards bring her everything she needed, along with anyone she needed. Olive took no mercy on those who refused to help her, and with her anger built up so along about her large head she began making the cards chop off the heads of those who would not side with her. With her newfound love of the color red, and her obsession with hearts, people of wonderland came up with a name for the wretched woman, they called her the Queen of Hearts. Over time she became more and more wicked, growing larger in her power. No one, would ever make fun of her again.