Endless Void | Teen Ink

Endless Void

January 13, 2015
By Dash_Panda BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
Dash_Panda BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Void:
Although its energetic nature, it seems to also be a reachable plane of existence; Dimensius the All-Devouring opened gateways to the Void and the Twisting Nether when he invaded K'aresh, while a tear in reality was opened in Manaforge Ultris after it exploded, allowing void creatures to pour in through it. When Sylvannas Windrunner committed suicide in Icecrown Citadel, she found herself in the Darkness, which was described as an infinite void where souls are tortured and tormented. The Val'kyr can reach this dimension and bring back souls from it to the material plane; but the cost of this is to take the place of the returned soul forever.

When a spirit is consumed by the Void, an echo of the soul is all that is left behind. These echoes are not truly "alive" in either the physical or spiritual sense, and are merely twisted reverberations of the anguish of the soul left behind when it was consumed.


Prologue to Chapter One
After many years of endless combat and clashes between the forces of both the Iron Horde and the armies of the Burning Legion, the combined forces of the Alliance and Horde have finally closed the Dark Portal. The relief was short-lived, as the portal begin glowing an eerie black, a dark abyss. Any who enter were lost and have not been seen to return.

Onlookers  watched as from the swirling expanse of the portal, dark shapes the size of drakes began to take form. A massive dragon, almost matching the Dragon Aspects in size burst through along with his companions, smaller drakes roughly half his size. Anyone caught near them fell to the floor, unmoving and lifeless. Nothing was recorded afterwards, other than a few signs of a bloody massacre with surprisingly, no bodies left behind to put at rest.

The Expedition force at Northrend were the first to see bright white drakes emerge from seemingly out of nowhere. Fearing another rise of the Lich King, they quickly took arms against these creatures. Before they could launch an attack, however, they were pushed to the ground as this strange new dragonflight took to the air. Witnesses say the sky was filled with these drakes of multiple sizes.

These events took place at roughly the same time. Some say it was a coincidence, others say they are related. Both agree that these were events that will forever shape Azeroth.


 

 

 

 

 

Chapter One: The Beginning and the End

                          /\Saberon/\


“Five long years. Five years of traveling, five years of pain. In our time in the void, we have watched what has overcome Azeroth. The Burning Crusade, The Wrath of the Lich King, Garrosh Hellscreams destruction of Pandaria, Then the ravaging Iron Horde. Now it is our turn. The time has come for us to break free from the shackles of the Void. We shall show Azeroth true power! The era of the Void is now! Nothing shall stop us!”
-- Saberon, the Void Dragon Aspect

                    /\Radiant Dragonflight First Encounter/\
“How long has it been? Six thousand years since our last awakening? I cannot recall. I can feel it, something sinister has been brought upon us. My brethren have started waking, the Naaru have called. One by one, our hidden dens are emptied. One of our scouts, a mere drake who had just barely come of age has met the new inhabitants of Azeroth. Oh how much has changed! We fly en masse to Elwynn Forest,  to settle near one of these strange new creatures villages.They are afraid, their city is in unrest. I do not know why, but it must be why we were awakened. The Luminous Dragonflight has awakened, and we shall face this threat head-on.”
--Chariseon, Radiant Dragon Aspect

“Brothers, and sisters, the time of the Void is nigh. On this day we will purge this planet of all its filth! On this day, the Void Dragonflight will take to the skies of Azeroth!”
The voice of Saberon echoes throughout the Blasted Lands. With that, Saberon, takes to the skies marking the start of his conquest of Azeroth. As Saberon took flight, the remains of the garrisoned forces of the Alliance and Horde, began to fall back, desperately running to avoid his unforgiving wrath. 

       -- At the Dark Portal--

“Have you heard? Saberon is planning to resurrect all of the fallen soldiers in Northrend!” questioned a curious Void Drake.
“And how will he manage to do that?” retorted a voidspawn
“No idea, I heard that he found some kind of orb in a near by cave. It might have been an ogre cave.”
“I wonder-” The voidspawn was cut off by a horn being sounded off in the distance, accompanied by the sound of a draconic roar.

 


Chapter Two: Retaliation

A distance away, the beating of massive wings sounded through Stormwind. Guards began piling out, and citizens ran into their homes in fear. Gryphon riders took to the air, prepared to face the threat that had emerged from the Dark Portal. However futile it would have been. They were not, expecting, however, what at first seemed like a giant cloud moving faster than its counterparts. Soon enough, the roars of dragons began to echo through the area around Stormwind.

Such a large castle, the Dragon Aspect thought to herself. How many must be living there? As her flight began to close in, more and more humans rushed out to see this strange phenomenon. The guards of Stormwind were more tensed however, fearing that more creations from the Void had arrived to wreak havoc on their beloved city. As one, the massive flight of dragons veered away from the city and towards the forest, relief showing visibly throughout the ranks.

        

 

       --A week later--

The assembled armies of both dragonsworn and the soldiers from both the Horde and Alliance was truly a sight to behold. Column upon column of orcs, night elves, humans and even undead snaked its way along the path to the Dark Portal. White drakes, with their gray armor flew their way to the front.

As they closed in on the Dark Portal, they saw their enemies with their own eyes for the first time. Seeing the massive Void Dragon was enough to instill fear through even the most battle-hardened soldiers. The closer they got, the more anticipation in the upcoming fight. As each soldier vowed to get revenge on those slaughtered on the first encounter, more readied their weapons. A horn was sounded, along with the war cry of a drake as they neared.

 

 

Chapter Three: Calm before the Storm

“Fall back! We must gather our troops for the impending attack! Go! Go! Go!” roared a
distraught Saberon.
What are they doing here already! Saberon thought to himself, “What is taking so long! Get going before I skin your hides!” cried Saberon

     -- Other side of the Dark Portal --

“Alright! Thats the last of us! Get barriers set up in front of the Portal, Saphira! Get our siege machines set up in front and to the sides of the Dark Portal if they manage to get past us, our conquest will be a failure!” commanded a shaken Saberon
“Yes, M’lord!” responded Saphira. With a mighty flap of her large wings she took flight to relay the orders to the voidspawn. We can only hope that they fear the Dark Portal from past experience.

As the night came to a halt, both Saberon, the Horde and the Alliance were ready for an assault on both sides, each hoping that this would be the last time the Dark Portal will ever be opened. To Saberon’s surprise the Horde and the Alliance had not sent scouts or a small raiding party to see what is on the other side. Although, they may have not sent anyone in, Saberon could still feel the presence of someone of great power watching his every move.
Chapter four: Battle for Void’s Edge
“LOK’TAR OGAR!”
“For the Alliance!”
The screams of both Horde and Alliance forces broke the silence surrounding the Dark Portal, as blades, claws, and teeth clashed on the steps leading to the swirling dark expanse leading to Azeroth. White and black drakes of massive sizes battled it out in the open sky, flames lighting up through the air, and through flesh and bone as the streaks of burning death tore through both sides.

Neither side willing to give up ground, the ground was soon covered with the dead and dying, and the colour of blood soon became the dominant colour on swords and bodies alike. Ultimately, the combined armies quickly outnumbered those of the Void’s, forcing them to retreat at a high cost. With over a third of what they brought dead, and a further more wounded, it became apparent this would be a costly war.
           --One Month Later--
The stone garrison of Void’s Edge now stands as a monument to those who lost their lives, and serves to keep the Void at bay. This magnificent castle, however much it has been repaired is visibly damaged with crumbling walls. Guarded 24/7 with ballistas and glaive throwers, this garrison would soon become a formidable defense.

 

Chapter 5: Formidable foe


These d--- insects DARE to mess with me! They will know the meaning of suffering when their beloved kingdoms come falling down on top of them!
---Near Orgrimmar---
“Lets get those void cannons moving up the right side! I want all VoidSpawn getting ready to charge on my command!” Bellowed an enraged Saberon Not much longer till Orgrimmar is just a smoldering ruin.
As if the drakelings could hear what Saberon was thinking, the siege of Orgrimmar has begun.
It is time for them to see the true might of the Void. In my time flying around the world, I have managed to collect many items, such as a mana bomb big enough to obliterate anything, this bomb is almost like the one Garrosh used to send the Human kingdom of Theramore, but only this one reanimates the ones killed by the explosion, or the ones killed by my clutch. I must- Saberon was cut off as an Ork anti-dragon cannon, hits him in the wing, tearing his wings to shreds causing him to go down in a downward spiral to only come crashing down into a near by mountain.