Abandoned to be found | Teen Ink

Abandoned to be found

By Lexi Cabrera BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
Lexi Cabrera BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

I fell in love with the boy who saved me. He made my lungs pump with rapture and life. His name is Ashton; the most lovable and caring guy I've ever met. He always had a smile on his face no matter what kind of situation he was in. If only I wasn't so stupid and given him a chance long before I would of been more jubilant in my younger years. At least now I can say I fell in love with the boy I bullied.                 *2 years ago*
   Six in the morning i woke up with a stressed out mind and blood shot red eyes. Another day my parents aren't home either. As you can already tell I'm a troubled teenager. 17 years old and I'm done with life already all because no one loves me. Even though I may be a "popular" girl at school and should feel loved i still don't think I'm not even liked.
   As soon as I parked my car at the school two guys pass by and whistle. It's a daily thing to be whistled and flirted with when it comes to being me. I honestly don't like it but I guess it's the only attention I'll ever get around here.
   "Hi Ashton," i tug at the school nerd's hair. His face was priceless and full of fear.
   "H-hey Ma-maliah," he stutters turning to me closing his locker carefully.
   "Looks like you still have those same big glasses," I say immediately regretting to. He actually looks really cute in glasses.
   "Yeah I guess," he mutters depressingly.
   I honestly feel bad for teasing him constantly but it's only to keep my reputation. If people were to not care about popularity I would be flirting with him all the time because I actually like this cute little nerdy boy.
   As I was just about to leave the school towards my car someone taps my shoulder and out of nowhere I get knocked to the ground with a punch. Unconscious I look up to see who it is only to find that it was my own boyfriend Scott. Confused I asked him "What was that for Scott?"
   "Why are you flirting with Ashton all the time, Maliah?" he snaps at me.
   "No! What? I don't flirt with him!" I try to convince him.
   "Stop! Don't touch her." another voice comes from behind him. Ashton?
   "What are you doing?" I asked a little concerned. Why would he be helping me when I bully him so much?
   "He hurt you," Ashton said in a worried tone.
   "Well you and your new nerd boyfriend can run off now. I'm out" Scott announced and left.
  "Are you okay?" Ashton whispered to me. I looked up at his beautiful face and my jaw dropped. I swear I was looking into an Angels eyes that were gold and innocent.
   "I'm fine. Ashton, why are you helping me? I thought you would hate me?" I asked him curiously.
   "I wasn't gonna let him hurt you like that. And I don't hate you... I've actually liked you since 8th grade" his faced turned cherry red as he looked down at the floor.
   I started blushing myself and I grabbed his hand to pull me and lifted his chin to look up at me. "I like you too Ash. Is it okay if I call u Ash?" I asked him in a flirty tone.
   "That's fine with me, Liah. Can I call you Liah?"
   "Of course you can. Now let's go before the teachers yell at us" he grabbed my hand and led me to his car. It was suprisingly a nice white Mercedes. He sweetly opened the door for me.
   We hoped into the leather seats of the car and drove our of the parking lot. I guess I'll leave my car overnight I thought.
   "So Liah... Are you okay with me taking you to my place?" He asked breaking the silence.
   "Yeah that's fine. As long as we don't go to my place." I say hinting to him that I don't want to go home.
   "Okay, are you hungry? I can make something." Hes such a gentlemen.
   "Sure, I'm starving" I haven't eaten in about 2 days. I know it's bad but my parents never buy me food.
   It's weird how within 20 minutes of being with Ashton I've seen to fall in love with him. I fell for the way he talks and the cute little things about him. I love his perfect dark brown hair with blonde tips, I love his huge but cute glasses that go over his hazel eyes, but most of all I love his laugh and smile; so innocent and so full of life.
    We drove into his driveway of his huge house. It was big and beautiful I have to admit. He turned off the car and got off to come around and open my door for me. Once again he was being such a gentlemen.
   "Welcome to my home. No one is here yet so it will just be you and me for a while," he closed the door behind him. I was shocked because even in the inside it was huge and very pretty.
   "Hey is it ok if I can like stay overnight. I think my parents are out of town," I asked as casually as I could because I really hate sleeping home alone with drunken parents.
   "Sure that's fine with me. I'm going to make something to eat so you can just go up to my room and I'll be right up" he directed me.
   I went up the never ending stairs and tried to find his room by looking at the decorations. He would probably have rock band posters since that was all that he was playing in the car. I made a left and went into this medium sized room with a drum set and a guitar in the corner. I guess he's the musical type.
   I sat down on his soft bed and put my head in my hands. Hot tears began to stream down my face probably smearing my makeup. Why? Why do I have to have this tragic life? Why can't I just be loved? As soon as I asked myself that question it hit me. Ashton makes me feel loved and actually wanted. This whole time I should have given him a chance but stupid little me all I care about is my reputation. I'm always complaining about never being loved in my life and here I am now in the school nerds house feeling like I'm at home. If only I were to taken the chances I got.
   I heard the door click and Ashton came in with 2 bowls of steaming soup. He set them down on a table and looked at me. "Why are you crying?" He asked concerned and sat down next to me putting an arm around my shoulders.
   "Ashton, im so alone and  I'm just really mad at myself for never giving you a chance because u make me feel wanted. You're the only person that actually is nice to me. I'm sorry when I bullied you. I didn't mean it..." I was sobbing by then.
   "It's alright...I don't mind. And I'm only doing this because I like you and care a lot about you..." as soon as those words left his mouth I pulled him into a hug and  whispered ,"Im sorry I ever bullied  you. I didn't mean to hurt you it's just for fun but now I regret it. Ashton how could I ever thank you."
   Ever since then we've been living happily together in his apartment. 19 years old and I believe I've already found the love of my life. I still regret bullying him and never giving him a chance even to be just a friend. But I can say I fell in love with the boy I bullied. I fell in love with the boy who saved me.