Gordon Freeman: Lost (Part 1) | Teen Ink

Gordon Freeman: Lost (Part 1)

Gordon Freeman woke up on some mountains. He did not know which ones, but there was snow. A lot of it. His head began to pound once he realized his situation. He was lost. He quickly and frantically checked for his Hazardous Environment suit from his job at the Black Mesa Research Facility. It was there, and fully charged. "Strange, it must have been charged before I got here." he muttered. The HEV suit provided him with extra strength and protection, everything he needed in this climate and area. "Hello, Mister Freeman." He heard someone whisper. His head began to hurt again. He saw flashing colors, and then a face. The ever familiar face of the mysterious G-Man. He had only ever once come face to face with the man once, when giving him an option to die, or save the future. An easy choice, considering the consequences. Now, the G-Man only shows up when something important shows up. What would it be this time? "What is happening, G-Man?" inquired Gordon. "Ehh, just a little, warming up." Stuttered the G-Man. "Bit of a cruel joke there, G-Man." said Gordon, annoyed. "What do you want from me this time? And where is Alyx, and Kleiner?" He remembered to ask. "They are, uh, in their appropiate locations right now, yes, a bit of a predicament, however." The G-Man said, slowly. "What does that mean?" Gordon asked, a little more scared. "Your female companion is safe in a, uh, close, location. The scientist, Kleiner, however, is back at the lab, alone, and scared. Only Dr. Magnusson remains, and he appears to, uh, be... losing some, patience, what with all of the... trouble you continue to get in." The G-Man explained. Gordon followed, "That isn't really my fault it is you who got me here." Gordon heard a loud banging noise, and a faint, "Open!" in the background. He saw the G-Man's pale grey face turn around, then look back at him. He looked a bit more frantic than normal. "I must, ah, go and deal with my... vis-i-tor. I will undoubdtedly see you again, my dear Gordon, ah, do try and stay out of trouble, there are a bit of... creatures in this mountain. Good luck, and all the, hint, I can give you is down. Straight, down, Freeman." He said, his image and voice fading away. "Well, that helped." Muttered Gordon, sarcastically. He tried searching the horizon for landmarks, and saw what baffled him. 2 things, actually. "No way..." he said, staggering back until he fell. "The-the B-b-Bore-" he began to spit. "The Borealis, the Aperture Science ship, that could end the war... and a sleeping, or maybe even dead body right next to it..."
-Continued in Part 2-

The Half-Life series really inspired this piece, including the characters and story, as well as the inconclusiveness of the plot of the games in question, which drove me to make a sort of follow up story to the cliffhanger in the end.