My Father the Torturer | Teen Ink

My Father the Torturer

By Iliana Espino BRONZE, Stockton, California
Iliana Espino BRONZE, Stockton, California

My father. The one and only papi. How luck am I? I’m not lucky at all. Papi is the worst person to walk this earth. The first thing that pops into my head when someone says papi is him saying, “Pinche pendejo Yunior! What is wrong with you?!” I can’t stand him! Him and his fucking punishments that don’t make sense! I do one thing wrong in his eyes and I can’t eat or-or get the belt. Papi is muy estupido aye. So is Rafa! Papi is the devil himself!! Aye why does mami stay with him? Mis amigos once gave me a birthday present y papi took it away because I was being selfish. You would think Papi would be the happiest person alive when he’s having sex with that Puerto Rican woman. Coward! It’s not my fault i get sick and he jams his finger in my cheek. He makes me feel like the stupid one. He needs to get a life. I wish mami would leave him already. I know we would all be happier anyways.

My teacher assigned us this warm up. We were to create this short story (Essay for Yunior) from what the protagonists point of view was.