The Lady or the Tiger Alternate Ending | Teen Ink

The Lady or the Tiger Alternate Ending

October 16, 2014
By Anonymous

He turned with a firm and rapid step and he walked across the empty space. Every heart stopped beating, every breath was held, and every eye was fixed immovably upon that man. Without the slightest hesitation, he went with his better judgment and decided to choose the opposite action the princess wanted him to complete. He reached toward the left door knob and pulled it generously open to reveal a wonderful, blue-eyed, rosy cheeked bride. Furious that the princess would rather him be eaten, than happy with someone else. The man happily screamed


    “Yes!” into the air.


As the wedding bells rang, the princess quickly and loudly stomped out of the King’s arena. Heart-broken and out of control, the princess’s mind was clouded with diverse torturing ideas she could pursue. She needed to be in control; she needed to have all the power.


Ready to forget his past life and start a new one, the new happily married man, couldn’t help but think of his exquisite bride.


The blue-eyed, ravishing bride was nowhere near as perfect as she appeared, she was deceiving and manipulative. She had a terrible childhood, her parents had died when she was four and then she was sent to live with her semi-barbaric uncle and cousin. A cousin of the princess, the bride felt horrid about deceiving them. She came up with her own plan to get back at the man, who she felt broke her cousin’s heart without thought. Seven days went by and suddenly someone was knocking loudly on the door of the new married couple. The man was roughly handed a note and the women was escorted out and into a royal car.


  The note said, “You have been accused of cheating on your wife, this case as peaked an interest in the royal court and now you will be on trial and appear in the king’s arena in one hour. ~ The Royal Court”


He turned with a firm and rapid step and he walked across the empty space. Every heart stopped beating, every breath was held, and every eye was fixed immovably upon that man. Without the slightest hesitation, he quickly chose the door on the right; it didn’t matter and he knew it. Both doors wind up opening and out came two tigers. The crowd gasped, even the semi barbaric king gasped. It was unheard of, but it was over and didn’t matter.