Rescued | Teen Ink

Rescued

*Jake's POV*
Sirens are being blasted as I continued to run through the cold, dark streets. I’m on the run from the cops.  I can’t go to jail again. No, not again. I've been in there for far too long. I’m finally out and I couldn't possibly ruin everything. So I must run.
I kept running until I couldn't hear the sirens anymore. Not looking back. I had no idea where I was but I didn't even care. As long as I’m not in jail.
I made my way through the woods and I quietly walked around, trying to find a place to hide.
“Help.” I heard a muffled scream coming from behind a tree. Who would be out here so late?
I slowly went to go check it out. It couldn't be that bad but I pulled out a pocket knife. You know, just in case.
There was a guy. And there was a girl, in process of almost getting beat up. She was being held down to the ground.
Well, I’m not the “save a persons life” type of guy but I’m not just going to stand here either.
“Hey!” I shouted. The guys head instantly snapped up. His eyes were cold. I looked over at the girl who was lying on the ground, trembling.
“Get away from her.” I said, slowly walking up to him.
He got up and smirked. “Or what?”
I looked at the girl and signaled her to leave. She had her chance. She got up but was immediately kicked down.
Without hesitation, I punched the guy in his jaw. He fell to the ground and I beat him up. After a few punches, he was unconscious.
I looked to my right and there laid a girl, who was fully scared. I got up and whipped my face.
“You alright?” I whispered. She nodded quickly. I let out a hand and she looked at me in fear.
“I’m not going to hurt you” I said. Honestly, I felt bad for the poor girl. She was alone, in the woods, all scared. I handed her my sweater since it was a bit chilly and her clothes were kind of ripped. She grabbed it and put it on. I nodded and slowly backed away, about to leave.
“Wait” she finally spoke. “Thank you.” She smiled.
“No problem…” I said, pausing.
“Molli” she said finishing my sentence.
“Molli” I repeated. “I’ll see you around.”
“Wait, please don’t leave me here, alone” She said. She’s right. I can’t leave her alone. I already helped her and it wouldn't hurt me to help her again. I’m not just going to leave her. She could probably get into more trouble with anyone around here. Or this knocked out guy could come after her.
“Alright, come” I said. I didn't know where we were going to go but I continued to walk with Molli.
*Molli’s POV*
I kept walking in the woods. With a stranger. Honestly, I was kind of scared. What if he’d hurt me?
“S-so what’s your name? I sturrered quietly.
“Jak-Justin” he said, biting his lips.
“Do you know where were going “Jak-Justin”?” I said, mocking him.
He chuckled a bit and looked around, “Somewhere. Anywhere but here.”
About 20 minutes later, I finally saw a light. Some source of life.
He followed it and ended up in a small community. There was a motel. I was hoping we could go there, because honestly, I was exhausted, cold and I just needed to be in bed.
“Look, a motel. “ I said to Justin.
We began walking towards it. Thank god. We walked into the quiet lobby. It seemed like no one has been here in years.
Justin rang the bell. Out came and elderly man. He put on his glasses and gave us a weird look. Either he hasn't had business in a really long time or because in front of him stood two dirty teens.
“How can I help you guys? I hope you’re not in here for just some directions” the old man said, chuckling. “No, we need a room.” Justin said.
“alright” the old man said, as he turned around, looking at the wall full of keys. “Room 19?” He said, looking back at us, holding the key in this hands. Justin shrugged.
“Alright then, I’m just going to need you to check in”
Justin filled out some papers and handed the man some money. He grabbed the key and we walked. I felt eyes on me and I looked around, seeing the old man , looking at me in a weird, creepy way. Justin looked back at me as I slowed my pace.
We got to our room and Justin opened the door, letting me in.
I walked in and looked around. Justin came in and locked the door, looking out the window. Why was he so paranoid? I brushed off the thought and sat on the bed.
He looked at me and smiled. “You can have the bed, don’t worry. I’ll sleep on the floor.” He said
I nodded, “Thanks Justin. You saved me. I’d probably be rotting in the woods right now.”
He smiled and looked at the ground. “Well, that’s not good” he chuckled. He sat in the chair and took a long breath.
I stood up and began to walk to the bathroom. “I’ll be back. I need a shower.”
I got into the bathroom and locked the door. I started running the water. I got in and immediately relaxed as the warm water hit my body. It’s been a long day. My step dad kicked me out of the house and my boyfriend; well ex-boyfriend almost killed me. Now, I’m in a dirty motel with a stranger.
Suddenly the lights go off. “Justin” I shout thinking it was probably him. But there was no respond.
I quickly finish showering and hope out the shower. I get dressed and put my hair up in the towel.
I open the door and its pitch black. There was no sound that could reassure me that Justin as there.
The door was wide and I suddenly started getting scared. “Justin!” I shout once more. Still there was no respond.
I start walking towards the door but I suddenly feel like someone was looking at me. I fasten my paste but suddenly I stop at the sound of the voice. I try to run for it but I suddenly become paralyzed, unable to move.
“Did you think you were going to get away with it so easily” the voice said.
I try to scream but I was just too scared because I knew it was hopeless of me to try escaping. He was finally going to get rid of me just like he always wanted to.
I tried to scream for Justin one last time but it was just too late.