Joetenks: Super Saiyan Extraordinaire | Teen Ink

Joetenks: Super Saiyan Extraordinaire

October 5, 2014
By jbiondo1017 BRONZE, St Louis, Missouri
jbiondo1017 BRONZE, St Louis, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Joetenks, it’s time to go! We have to start our training now if we want to even stand a chance against Super Omega Baby Freluu,” my father, Gogeta, told me. I was so excited, yet so nervous, at the thought of this “new” threat. I said “new” because we had already seen this villain in each of his individual components-- Frieza, Cell, Buu, Baby, Super Android 17, and Omega Shenron--, but we had never encountered him as one being. I knew he would be the strongest force we had ever faced, as we could sense his power level on Earth from Namek, a planet far away from the human homeworld. I also knew that my father would put himself and me through the most intense training of our lives in order to prepare for our foe, but, nevertheless, I was willing to accept both challenges.
“Are you just going to stand there, or are we going to get a move on it?! We only have 5 years [which in actuality was 5 days, but we would utilize the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, where a year’s worth of training could be attained inside the Chamber, with only one day passing on the outside of the Chamber, during all 5 of these days in order to get the 5 ‘years’ he was talking about], you know!” my father angrily shouted. I admired the man too much to not obey his commands. After all, he was the one who had defeated the majority of Super Omega Baby Freluu’s components (all, with the exception of Cell, who had been defeated by my half brother, Gohan). I quickly got up and ran out of our house, pushed my father out the way, and took off using the Flight technique that he had taught me. I already knew where our destination, the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, was, so I figured I’d try and beat him there. The flight took a good 30 minutes, so I used the down time during our impromptu-race to envision myself battling our newest enemy.
During my envisioning, I was in my current state and was outmatched in every way by Super Omega Baby Freluu. He was quicker, stronger, and more accurate with his attacks than I was. I envisioned myself having become so enraged that I ascended to a Super Saiyan. It was at that moment that my envisioning ceased. I had just had an epiphany. I realized that after 16 years of life, with the majority of this time having been spent training myself, I had not yet ascended to the form that I envisioned. I had also realized that, despite my not having ascended, I was still on par with one of the universe’s most powerful beings-- my father.
I always knew that my father was the only Saiyan in history to reach the Super Saiyan 4 form (a form that multiplies a Saiyan’s normal power by 6,250,000 [each Super Saiyan stage multiplying the previous stage’s power by 50]), which I greatly admired him for, but it never occurred to me, until that moment, that I was his equivalent on the battlefield. It also had never occurred to me that if I were able to ascend, even to the first Super Saiyan form, that I would be stronger than my father. I was flabbergasted by the thought that I could surpass my father by ascending to a form that was once seen as a legendary transformation, but now viewed as a miniscule one.
Then it occurred to me. My father’s 5 year training plan wasn’t for the both of us to get stronger, it was solely for the purpose of me alone getting stronger by transforming. My father knew he had reached the limits of his power with his transformation to Super Saiyan 4 and that he wouldn’t stand a chance against Super Omega Baby Freluu. He also knew that I could save the universe from the destructive force of Super Omega Baby Freluu, but only if I was able to reach my full potential. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to, nor would I be allowed to, slack off at all during this training if I wanted to reach the state of transformation that my father wanted me too.
When I arrived at Dende’s Lookout, I was surprised to see my father was already there, waiting for me, despite me having left before him. “Thought you could beat your old man here? I may be getting old, but my Instant Transmission technique sure isn’t,” my father told me. His Instant Transmission was one that allowed him to instantaneously teleport himself to any destination in the universe that he desired. He only needed to faintly sense a power level from the destination he wished to go to and lock on to it in order to be able to go there. “That’s a cheap way to win the race. If I knew that technique, then you wouldn’t be talking all that stuff,” I replied. “Well, then why don’t I teach it to you now? Meet me in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and we’ll begin our training,” he said as he started walking to the Chamber. I couldn’t wait to begin, although I knew I wouldn’t be thinking that when the training did in fact begin. Nevertheless, I took off after my father, towards the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, anxious to finally learn one of my father’s special moves.
When I entered the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, I could feel a great difference in temperature and gravity than was present outside of the Chamber. The temperature was constantly fluctuating and the gravity was at least 10 times that of Earth’s. I didn’t want my feeling of these environmental differences to show to my father, so I fought against the changes in order not show any weakness. We began training almost immediately after we entered the Chamber, with my father shouting from deep within the place, “Once again, we only have 5 years, so let’s make them count. Come to me so I can welcome you to the most gruesome training you’ve ever had.”
And that he did. I came to him as soon as he called for me and we didn’t waste one second after that. He taught me everything he knew, with me practicing everything he taught, as he taught. Once I had a good enough idea of all of his moves-- the Big Bang Kamehameha attack, Instant Transmission technique, Dragon Fist, and Kaio-ken (a less impressive transformation that only boosted your powers temporarily)-- we sparred. He did not take it easy on me, going straight to his Super Saiyan 4 form, so I didn’t hold back on him, even if I could only use my normal form. He and I could both tell that he, even in his most highly revered form, was struggling to keep up with me. Nevertheless, he managed to make it through my barrage of attacks, even getting a few punches off on me as well.
It was after that fight that it happened. I had become so infuriated that I couldn’t defeat my father, even after being taught all of his moves, that I went into a rage. It was in this rage that a sliver of my potential power was released through me transforming to a Super Saiyan. Despite it being only the Super Saiyan 1 form, it was still a massive improvement from my regular power. After this transformation, my father didn’t even want to attempt a battle with me, a he could sense I had greatly surpassed his power with my first transformation. He could also sense that I still wasn’t a threat compared to Super Omega Baby Freluu, so he decided to be my coach, rather than my partner, for the rest of my training, in hopes that I would transform to high enough forms that I would become a threat. From that point on during my training, he controlled my regimen for the rest of the 5 years, giving me different, strenuous routines every day, each being much more rigorous than the last.
When my training had come to an end and it was time to fight Super Omega Baby Freluu, I had transformed two more times (to Super Saiyan 2, and then Super Saiyan 3), with these forms having been reached through my body naturally “leveling up” after I had become too powerful for my Super Saiyan 1 form to handle, rather than rage-induced transformations. These new forms allowed me to reach an unprecedented power level, leading me to feel as if I could crush Super Omega Baby Freluu. My father, however, did not feel the same. He regretted having not made my training harder, wishing he would have done so so that I could have reached Super Saiyan 4. He told me to not hold anything back because he thought that the battle would be a very close one, constantly saying, “We need a miracle from you if we want Earth and all of its inhabitants to survive. I just hope that miracle comes soon enough.” I shrugged this needing of a miracle off and just focused on preparing for my fight.
When the day of the fight came, I felt so pumped and ready to show what I had learned that I used Instant Transmission to teleport myself and my father to Super Omega Baby Freluu’s position first thing in the morning. My father was still doubtful, but I still didn’t care. I wouldn’t let any negativity affect me during such a critical time of planetary survival.
Super Omega Baby Freluu and I took our positions on our battlefield (which was actually just a barren wasteland), ready to see what each was made of. Before our battle, I transformed straight to Super Saiyan 3 so that I would be at my best during the fight. He made the first move, charging me and attempting to punch me, all of which I dodged. Our battling went on this way for quite some time, Super Omega Baby Freluu attempting attacks and me dodging them, until my foe had become so fed up with not being able to land a hit on me that he transformed.
"Thought you were the only one that could transform? Well think again! This is the perfect form of the almighty Super Omega Baby Freluu that is yours truly! I am the strongest being in history and I am now going to to tear you to bits!" he proclaimed after his transformation. I was so stunned by the fact that he too had the ability to transform that I made the horrible mistake of letting my guard down, which my opponent quickly used to his advantage. He immediately rushed me and hit me, which took me completely by surprise, stunning me even more. After this attack, Super Omega Baby Freluu didn't lay off of me and took complete control of our fight. I was outmatched in every way-- he was stronger, faster, and more accurate in his attacks than I was, just as he was in my earlier envision.
My father, who was also surprised by Super Omega Baby Freluu's transformation, could tell I was desperately struggling and that I needed help. My father wasted no time coming to my rescue, having used Instant Transmission to appear suddenly before Super Omega Baby Freluu, and took my place in the fight while I recovered.
“Taking the place of your son, huh? Well, no matter. I’ll just turn this into a father-son slaughterfest!” Super Omega Baby Freluu shouted maniacally. My father was, as expected, even less of a challenge for him and was being tossed around like a rag doll by our enemy. My father was obviously giving it his all out there, but it didn’t matter. If I didn’t do something soon, he would be killed. “I’m coming to help, dad!” I told him, ready to take off toward him. “No! You must recover! I can handle myself, so stay back!” he replied.
It was at this moment, having heard our conversation, that Super Omega Baby Freluu decided it was time to end his fight with my father and prevent me from recovering. My father, who was currently on the defensive, was taken by the throat by Super Omega Baby Freluu. Super Omega Baby Freluu threw my father into the air with all his might, and then fired an energy blast towards him. The blast struck my father and exploded on impact with a force stronger than an atomic bomb. After the smoke of the explosion cleared, I could see my father’s body, having fallen from his position in the sky to the battlefield, lying lifeless on the ground.
He was dead. My father was killed by this monster.
I didn’t know any other way to feel about my father’s death, except for angry. At the time of his death, it seemed as if anger was the only emotion I had ever known. The entirety of the life I had spent with him flashed before my eyes. I couldn’t grasp the fact that he was dead until I glanced over to his motionless body, at which point I lost it. Something snapped inside of me. This fight was no longer just about winning to protect Earth; it was about winning for revenge. It was about winning on behalf of the pride of the Saiyans. It was about winning for my father. It was then and there that my late father’s wish for a miracle came to reality. In my fury, I transformed to Super Saiyan 4, reaching the pinnacle of my strength.
He didn’t have another chance to attack me after I made my final transformation, with me taking the offensive. I dashed toward Super Omega Baby Freluu with astounding speed and repeatedly punched him. I fired a Big Bang Kamehameha wave, my father’s signature move, in close proximity to my opponent, sending him crashing into the ground, leaving him unconscious. I then took my place in the sky, high above Super Omega Baby Freluu, and began collecting energy from across the universe in preparation of a Super Universal Spirit Bomb, my own variation of one of my father’s moves. I took extreme concentration to be able to gather all the energy I needed to finish my opponent off, but I was, fortunately, able to center my mind and focus myself of collecting energy for my attack in a quick amount of time.
By the time Super Omega Baby Freluu came back to consciousness, I had gathered more than enough energy to destroy him. Before he could even think about, let alone take action against, what was about to happen to him, I hurled the enormous ball of energy that was the Super Universal Spirit Bomb toward him. The attack made direct contact with its target, causing the body of Super Omega Baby Freluu to disintegrate after being buried in the attack.
Super Omega Baby Freluu was no more. I had done it. We had done it. My father and I had finally rid the universe of its threat. It was only through my father's selfless act of jumping into the battle in order to protect me that I was able to transform into the mightiest Super Saiyan form and destroy Super Omega Baby Freluu once and for all. It was through my father that I had become the strongest being in history. It was through my father that I was able to save the universe’s inhabitants. I was through my father that there was finally peace.
“Thank you,” I said to the sky, hoping my father’s soul would hear me. I could’ve sworn he did hear me, as I vaguely heard the reply: “Thank yourself. You’re the reason everyone is now safe,” in my father’s voice. I then left the battlefield with my father’s corpse (which was to buried on a hill atop our home), deciding to devote all of my strength to protecting the universe for the rest of my life.


The author's comments:

Joe was inspired to write "Joetenks: Super Saiyan Extraordinaire" by his passion for one his favorite television series, Dragon Ball.