The Lady and The Tiger Continuation | Teen Ink

The Lady and The Tiger Continuation

By CameronDel BRONZE, Wharton, New Jersey
CameronDel BRONZE, Wharton, New Jersey

He anxiously turned, and with a firm and rapid step he walked across the empty space. Every heart stopped beating, every breath was held, every eye was fixed immovably upon that man. Without the slightest hesitation, he went to the door on the right. He walked slowly, reassuring himself that his lover, the princess, would not send him to his certain death. He slowly advanced to the door, the silver handle almost within his grasp. This was it. He grabbed the handle, his hands clammy, sweat dripping off his face. The next moment was unexpected.
Out of the door came the lady, her lips glossy and her luscious locks bouncing with every step she took. He eagerly met her in a large embrace, thankful to get away with his life. Confetti rained down from the sky followed by a band and dancing ladies who played beautiful songs on their horns. He turned toward the princess to see a grin on her face. He was confused but dismissed it to join the lady at her side, while the priest started the ceremony.
"We are gathered here today to join this man and this lady in marriage," the priest recited, every word pounded into the princess's head harder and harder. "This man has nearly escaped with his life and to prove he is innocent, he has been rewarded with the eternal love from this beautiful lady." The whole arena beamed, a grin on their faces from ear to ear. The man looked back to where the princess was sitting. She was still smiling and met his glance with hers. With a gentle, swift motion, she lifted her right hand and made the slightest movement. There was a sound that made the crowd go silent, until there was a blood curdling scream. 
Panic rained over the crowd. Everyone in a panic ran as fast as they could. At the altar, the man and the lady laid there, motionless, blood draining from their heads, life vacating from their faces. The priest kneeled down, dismayed at the sight he saw. Through the heads of the man and lady, two arrowheads were splattered with blood. The priest knew if someone had anything to do with this tragedy, it would be the princess. He promptly swung his head around to where the princess and the king had been sitting all afternoon only he did not see the princess. He searched everywhere for her in the arena, but could not find her as if his life depended on it.
The princess leaped onto her reliable steed and rode away. She met the man who did her dirty work and paid him what she promised. She journeyed back into town, the death of the man and the lady never to be brought up again.