The Lonely Game of Minecraft

I’m sure many, if not almost all of you are familiar with the popular game Minecraft. It’s a virtual sandbox game where you mine resources to survive in a world plagued by monsters each night. And, after the rise of ‘Herobrine’ – supposedly the dead brother of the creator of Minecraft, Notch – I was excited to see what stories the fans could come up with, and what else would rise. Sadly, every story I’ve read so far goes exactly like this: create world, something strange, Herobrine, end. Nothing else. So, I’d like to propose the real Minecraft. Steve, or your avatar, is alone. Completely and utterly alone. There are villagers, yes, but we can’t understand their language, nor do they ours. They are simply there to trade with us. You could get companionship with a pet ocelot or wolf, but not before they are killed in some mob battle or mining mishap. Steve is alone, and his sole purpose is to mine, build, and craft. This is all he does, and all he’ll ever do. The ending of the game appears after you destroy the Enderdragon. Steve will have never found anyone to talk to. Steve will be alone. He will build. He will mine. And Steve will die.

SparaxisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Glitchwolf? Are you still in Teenink?

Oct. 31, 2016 at 9:21 am
Yeah...Some of the stuff gamers come up with is depressing.

SparaxisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Also, I'm planning on writing a story about an incident involving a mysterious entity (not Herobrine).

Feb. 7 at 9:41 am
It's called It Wasn't Him: a Minecrafter's Tale if you're interested.

OneSwaggaliciousTurtle said...
Apr. 27, 2016 at 9:40 am
da game would be better if they ad turtles

Nicholas M. said...
I've thought about the lonely world Steve lives in. Nobody he can actually communicate with, and at night it gets filled with creepy monsters. Sometimes I get lonely if I'm playing Minecraft on singleplayer.

Nov. 10, 2016 at 9:11 am
I agree with you there.

GHOST BRAH said...
Sept. 4, 2014 at 9:47 am
I love mincraft I somtimes feel lonely when I play unless its multiplayer like you said i thing they should add campian or whatever to minecraft but that can be optional. But yeah it is very lonely.

Oct. 17, 2016 at 8:19 am
You think they would add something to solve that empty feeling you get in single player. But then someone came up with the "more sentient characters" idea and it wasn't what I was hoping for.

GlitchWolf said...
Anyone going to comment? Anyone?

duece replied...
ill do it  

Nov. 17, 2016 at 9:27 am
Did that 3-no wait, 4-times already.