Alternate Ending of Boxer | Fan-Fiction of Animal Farm | Teen Ink

Alternate Ending of Boxer | Fan-Fiction of Animal Farm

May 1, 2014
By Sushiboi BRONZE, Stone Mountain, Georgia
Sushiboi BRONZE, Stone Mountain, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In the van labeled “Alfred Simmonds, Horse Slaughterer and Glue Boiler, Willingdon. Dealer in Hides and Bone-Meal. Kennels Supplied”, Boxer sits calmly, unaware of his true destination as he was illiterate. Boxer, once a very sturdy horse, was now old and rusty and believed that he was on his way to the hospital to get cured. Looking out at the other animals from the back window of the van, Boxer sees his fellow comrades waving him farewell. He smiles back, hoping that he would come back to enjoy his retirement, for he was nearly twelve years old. Benjamin, the donkey, seemed to have noticed something and shouted at the other animals, which Boxer could not hear due to the van’s increase in speed. Then suddenly, the other animals’ expressions changed from a radiant smile of good luck to a fearful jaw-drop. The animals rushed towards the van, yelling and screaming at Boxer, but the van just kept increasing its speed until it had left the farm. Boxer had found it odd how his comrades were running and shouting towards the van, almost as if they were trying to warn the clueless horse of something.

When Boxer had arrived at the “hospital”, the back door of the van opened, releasing Boxer from the compact space. Two farmers eased Boxer out of the van, but Boxer tried to shake the farmers off him since he despised humans. Three more farmers held onto Boxer to prevent him from escaping. Out of nowhere, a rope was rapidly wrapped around Boxer’s neck. Oblivious and frightened of the situation, Boxer panicked and created a rampage. Then, more ropes were tied around his legs, body, and mouth. Farmers surrounded around the horse’s body and snickered. In the middle of the crowd, a pathway was paved to allow a fat, bald man to pass. As Boxer examined the fat man, he noticed a butcher knife being held by the fat man. Finally, it clicked. Boxer was not in a hospital, he was in a slaughter house! Because of his lack of intelligence, Boxer was not able to recognize the label of the van or had tried to figure out what his fellow comrades were warning him of. The fat man neared Boxer, who could smell the strong scent of whisky of the fat man. Boxer’s life nearing to a close, Boxer had not wanted it to end like this. Boxer struggled and struggled, but the ropes would not budge. Then, Boxer remembered his personal motto, “I will work harder,” the Revolution, and especially his companion, Clover. Thinking of this gave Boxer hope and eliminated any thought of despair. Miraculously, the old horse regained his strength and pulled on the ropes. The fat man noticed Boxer helplessly struggle and, underestimating the horse, cut the rope around its mouth to jokingly give the impression that the fat man was trying to be kind. Boxer found his opportunity of escape and with his mouth, grabbed the butcher knife and cut the remainder of the ropes. The fat man, realizing his terrible mistake, rushed to retrieve his rifle, but Boxer had kicked the fat man, knocking him onto the floor. Out of anger, Boxer struck every other farmer with his firm hooves. After this, Boxer ran out his current location and headed back towards what he believed was the right way towards Animal Farm. After three long hours of galloping, Boxer finally reached his home. In the sunset, Boxer spotted Clover, weeping. Boxer raced towards Clover. Clover could not believe it; Boxer was back! Clover and Boxer both happily rejoiced together once again.