It's Tuesday | Teen Ink

It's Tuesday

By Freddie_Murcury BRONZE, Faribault, Minnesota
Freddie_Murcury BRONZE, Faribault, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition." -Castiel

I snapped my eyes open, as I awoke in the hotel bed, Heat of the Moment blaring in my ear, “What the…!?” I shot up from the bed in alarm, seeing Dean tying his boots in the bed across from mine. He looked over at me and smirked, “Rise and shine, Sammy!” He beamed, rocking out to the song.

“Dude...Asia?” I groaned, rolling my eyes.

Dean glared, “Oh come on, you love this song and you know it,” He yelled turning up the music louder.

I rolled my eyes, getting up. After I had showered and gotten dressed, I went into the bathroom, where Dean was gargling mouthwash, I got the toothpaste putting it on my toothbrush, I look over at Dean obnoxiously gargling his mouthwash, he looked at me out of the corner of his eye, smirking then turning back to his mouthwash. I finished brushing my teeth. There I stood impatiently in the doorway waiting for Dean, “Whenever you’re ready, Dean,” I said sarcastically, gesturing out the door. Dean grabbed his gun from his bag and we headed to the diner.

We got into the diner, sitting down into the same booth, “Tuesday! Pig-in-a-poke!” Dean chuckled pointing at the special.
The waitress came over “Are you boys ready?”
“I’ll have the special with a side of bacon, and coffee,” He nodded.
“And you?” she smiled looking at me.
“Nothing for me, thanks” I rushed.
“Just let me know if I can get you anything,” she said walking away.
“What the hell is going on!?” I thought, Twice, in a row, now this had happened. Dean must have noticed the look of confusion on my face, “What?” He said, looking extremely annoyed.
“Okay, so today’s Tuesday, but yesterday was Tuesday too, and so was the day before!” I blurted, wide eyed. Dean looked at me funny, “You don’t believe me?” I observed.
“Look, I'm just saying that it's crazy, you know? Even-For-Us crazy…” “...Dingo-Ate-My-Baby crazy?” I finished, cutting him off.
“How’d you know I was going to say that??” He questioned.
“Because Dean, you've said it before!” I explained.

*Time lapse*
“Okay, so you think you’re stuck in some sort of a what again?” Dean tried to comprehend, sipping his coffee.

“ Time warp,” I replied wearily.
“Like groundhog day?” He inquired.
“Yeah, like groundhog day.” I muttered sullenly.
“Why are you so grumpy?” Dean sassed.
“Because Dean, You die today.” I said grimly.
“Well then, let’s just try to figure this thing out, and keep me breathing,” He replied acting like that was the easiest thing in the world to do.
“So, you think it might have to do with this ‘mystery spot’?” He asked doubtfully.
“I did, but I’m not so sure anymore.” I trailed off.
“Why’s that?” Dean questioned.
“I’ve tore that place apart, burned it down, I’ve tried everything, but no matter what I do, you just keep dying, and then I wake up, and it’s Tuesday, Again.” I replied crankily.
“Woah, woah, woah! Calm down, we’ll figure this out.” He ensured.
“Yeah, well whatever,” I said standing up and walking away from the booth, out of the diner. Dean put the payment on the table as we walked out of the diner.
We walked down the street, “Excuse me’” I muttered.
“...What?” Dean asked, looking up. A blonde women bumped into him, “Excuse me.” she apologized wearily. Dean stopped, checked her out, and then we continued walking. “Dog,” I stated. Again, he gave me a look of confusion. As we passed to our right a dog was barking and growling.
“I-,” Dean opened his mouth to speak, suddenly making a strange noise, I looked over at him, his face was red, his bright green eyes filled with shock, he made a muted choking noise, “DEAN.” I said wide eyed, “Dean, are you… choking, on your own tongue???” I said, had it not been real, let alone DEan, I probably would have laughed, but as his face was growing blue, I wasn’t laughing. “ Dean, come on, not again,” I cried, seeing him fall back.
‘It was the Heat of the Moment, telling you what you heart missed,’
I groaned, hearing Dean’s “Rise and Shine, Sammy”, I rolled over, pulling the blanket over my head in denial of the morning “It’s Tuesday… again,”I muttered to myself.