The Heartbreak | Teen Ink

The Heartbreak

By Iiseddywhoisyou BRONZE, East Hartford, Connecticut
Iiseddywhoisyou BRONZE, East Hartford, Connecticut

The flashback begins again: his lips locked with my best friend’s. The thought of it just made my heart fall to my stomach. The emotional ache was unbearable; it felt as if I was being stabbed by him repeatedly. My eyes started to slowly blink, trying to keep in the tears that had accumulated in my eyes. Then something caught my eyes – it was him. He was running and looking around. Those beautiful green eyes had such a worried look. I noticed that he had been crying. His nose was bleeding. Blood was dripping from his nose to his blue sweatshirt. He had fought someone, but why? His hair was messed up; it wasn’t as I remembered it – perfect.
As I kept at looking at him, I couldn’t help but notice that tears were falling down my face. I was breaking apart once again. I started to sob and scream. How could I have been such a fool?! It was too good to be true. My train of thought was lost when I heard someone call my name. It was he, his beautiful voice, calling my name. I couldn’t help but whimper at the sound of it. I wanted to run to him and feel his warm body next to mine, but I couldn’t, not after what he did to me. I started to run in the opposite direction. I ran as fast as I could. I felt the icy wind hit my face and tears falling from my face. I ran across the street.
The next thing I noticed was light; it was a car. I’m dead. The only thing that could take this pain away was death. Everything went blank. No noise. No feelings. Nothing. Everything was so peaceful.
I felt a cold drop hit my hand. I slowly opened my eyes. Everything was so bright. I had to cover my eyes with my hand. Then I heard a whisper.
“I thought I lost you…”
I recognized that voice, that beautiful voice. I was paralyzed for a minute, refusing to believe he was there.
“What do you want?” I asked him, infuriated. I was full of rage and hatred, but also broken and in despair.
“Stiles… I’m sorry… I never kissed him… He kissed me. I love you, and you are the only one I want. I love you my socially awkward teenager...” His voice was breaking. I didn’t know if he was being sincere, but I loved him.
“I love you too, Sourwolf...” I whispered to him. I reached out to him, and he embraced me in a warm hug, his body against mine. I could feel his heartbeat and mine, making a melody together. My heartache was gone, because I had gotten all I ever wanted: no more heartbreaks because I found you.