Starscream's Nightmare | Teen Ink

Starscream's Nightmare

By Miss_Lucy_Jackson BRONZE, South Congaree, South Carolina
Miss_Lucy_Jackson BRONZE, South Congaree, South Carolina
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

"I love me myself and I" ME!!!

If you ever get to witness what I’m going to tell you, you’ll regret it. The immediate pain is enough to bear. But deep down there’ll always be a scar, a scar that won’t ever fully heal. I dare not explain why yet. But in time you will understand. My name is Starscream. This is my story.

The Autobots surround us. As a Seeker, this made me want to leap into the air. But I can’t leave my injured brothers behind. Or my son. Skyrift was crying in the middle of the group we had formed. He is swept up into Ultra Magnus’ arms and the Autobot puts his rifle to my son’s head. I scream out. This. Was. Madness. I try to snatch Skyrift out of the evil Autobot’s arms. I was too late. Ultra Magnus pulls the trigger. I hear myself scream out in despair over my son’s body.
I sit up in my berth.
I put my hand on my head.
I start sobbing hysterically.
I am reduced to hiccupping gasps.
It’s fine. It’s over. You’re awake. Its okay, I reassure myself. The sun on this primitive planet shone beautifully though the blinds uncaring of the ordeal I just went though not even an orn ago. I stand up chokingly, so weak. I try to walk to the throne room. Megatron is sitting on his throne.
I smile up at him, “My liege, may I go to the Crystal Chamber?”
“Of course, Starscream, you may go to the Chamber,” Megatron bows his head.
I nod and quietly turn around to leave.

If I could tell anyone what happened that night, I would. But it’s impossible to say exactly everything that happened. The Crystal Chamber is where my son is buried. It’s his final resting place. It’s where I go to say stuff to him and Primus I can’t tell anyone else. It’s my safe haven.
Skyrift’s tomb is located on the north side of the Crystal itself. The tomb is sometimes dyed red by the sunlight filtering through the Crystal, only at noon. When the moon is full, the moon’s light basically has the principle of the sunlight. It’s gorgeous.
I lay a black rose in front of the tomb. I smile at the rose. It was perfect. The Crystal begins to shimmer and the room turns crimson. I smile at the Crystal. It’s a moment never to be forgotten.
Suddenly a shadow crosses my field of vision. I look at the shadow angrily.
“What do you want, you ghoul?” I yell.
I hear snickering. It has to be the Autobot spy, Smokescreen. I snarl and pounce on the shadow.
“Hey!” The Autobot spy cries.
What in Unicron’s blood is he doing? He is on Decepticon territory. Is he trying to get himself killed???
I let out a frustrated sigh and get off him. He stares at me and trembles.
“Be glad I spared your aft, kid. Why are you here?” I ask.
“I wanted to show respect for the child. It’s just a baby. I brought a rose for it,” Smokescreen holds up a solid white rose and smiles nervously.
“Thank you, my child,” I bow my helm.
Smokescreen smiles and stands up, “I am flattered by your kindness. I am undeserving and inferior.
I start vocalize the Seeker hunting call. I was about to kill that stupid Autobot where that demon stood. Within moments, my Seeker brethren were upon us. I slam my servo into the Autobot’s faceplate. He screams angrily. Thundercracker, my loyal brother, pins the Autobot to the Crystal.
“What do you want us to do with this demon?” Thundercracker asks.
“Let us take him to his father,” I state, referencing Optimus Prime.

I walk into the core of the Autobot base with my brethren trailing behind me. Optimus is facing a computer console. He turns to me.
“Hello, Starscream,” Optimus smiles, “Thank you for returning my son.”
“Where is Ultra Magnus?” I demand.
“What?” That monster waltzes in and stops in front of me.
I slice into his faceplate with my claws. He lets out a scream. I smile, that was for Skyrift, you beast of Unicron.
THE END

Let's just say I got bored.