Games Of Illusions: Prologue & Chapter 1 "Beginning Lead to Ends" | Teen Ink

Games Of Illusions: Prologue & Chapter 1 "Beginning Lead to Ends"

By Lilpoetryespeon SILVER, Paso Robles, California
Lilpoetryespeon SILVER, Paso Robles, California

Prologue:
It was from that moment on I knew my life would change. When I stared into my reflection for the millionth time, it seems as if yesterday was just a moment ago but in a blink of an eye its gone. Although how could I ever forget something that more obvious than the deepest secret forecasting an evil shadow? Childhood seems so innocent but that isn't the case, that one wish I made in front that mirror made all the difference; “I wish I could escape my life. I can’t handle this, there are too many broken dreams.”

Chapter 1“Beginning Lead to Ends” -Serena-
I sat cross legged on the marbled white counter in the bathroom brushing the impossible tangles out of my hair. This has been a habit of mine, ever since the counter I was younger. One thing still remains, Kaleb still wonders why I continue such a childish habit. Although it’s not the fact that in any shape or form I could show qualities of arrogance, but the compelling science and definition of a reflection keeps me staring blankly through the mirror. It is extraordinary watching my puppet copy very delicate move made. Today though seemed different, I heard whispering as if my head was talking to me out loud and my reflection disappeared whirling into an opposite mirage across from me. For a second I thought time had stopped! Silence accompanied all the near silver walls when something hit me! I was inside the mirror!!! I stopped my absent morning routine in confusion yelling,“WHAT IS GOING ON!!!” I quickly turned around to realize that my reflection had become reality…

The familiar, blank expression mimicked mine, although she appeared in the dimension of reality slightly changed; her eyes were filled with dark secret and clouds swirled around in shades of grey smothering out crystal blue eyes. Pale-ish peach skin turned ghostly white. Mud-blond hair became that of an angel. Dimensions had turned upside-down and time had flung backwards. I couldn't believe my eyes, the remaining part of me I thought was left years ago. Ironically, her delicate face resembled what I tried to leave behind. When I was insanely naive, quite childish, maybe rather a bit cold at times too. This for sure would be the end of me...
I uncontrollably shook my head screaming, “LET ME OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE!!!!!!”
The reflection counteracted with an interruption “You know what happens when you are left alone with only your thoughts? INSANITY; that’s what! You can’t figure out what lies on the surface of truth or illusion.…”
Half weeping, half trembling, “HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!!! IMPOSERS CAN’T HOLD TRUTH FROM THE DEPTH OF THE SHADOWS LIKE YOU!” Time felt like it had stopped when I heard thundering at the door. No! How long has it been? Who heard us talking? Can somebody save me?

PLEASE, it's still in progress. Comment! This is an article I wanted to be based off what the viewers wanted. I will break each part into chapters. I decided to create my own sort of twist to reality.

It is a bit confusing. I wanted to experiment this; it's between three main character's point of view. (Serena, Kaleb, and the evil Illusion of Serena (only 3 thankfully))