The Outsiders - Dally

“I suddenly bolted through the door and out the hall.” I didn't know what to do. I was angry, so angry. But at what?
I got in my car and drove. I wasn't really sure where I was going, all I knew was that I needed to get away. Far away. I hate this town, I hate all the people in it and I hate that Johnny died.
I need a smoke to help me calm my nerves. I reached into my pocket looking for my wallet as I rolled up to the grocery store. “Shoot,” I thought. I left my wallet at the house. “I don't care,” I thought. I walked into the store and went straight to the cigarettes. I grabbed two packs and shoved them into my pockets. I turned around just in time to see an employee spot me and yell “Stop!” but I ran out of the store anyway. I got to my car and sped off.
I knew sooner or later the cops would be after me. I had to call Darry. He could get me out of this. I stopped at a phone booth and got out of my car. I rummaged through my pockets looking for a quarter. Eventually I found one, I jammed it into the machine and dialed. Darry picked but after a few rings. His worried voice said “Hello?” I began to tell Darry everything and was surprised to find all he did was listen without interruption. After I finished I told him I was coming back and to meet me at the vacant lot. I hung up the phone and ran back to my car.
I had almost made it to the vacant lot when the cops came up behind me. My emotions started overloading “I can’t do this anymore!” I shouted. I don't want to be this way. I pulled up and saw the boys running my direction. The cops were on my tail so I leaped out of the car. “I’m done!” I thought. I ran as fast as I could but my emotions held me back. “I want to be with Johnny!” I thought. I slowed down my run and took one last look at the boys hoping that i’ll see them again someday. I pulled out my heater. I thought “I’m coming, Johnny! I’m-”
The first bullet hit me and it didn't hurt much really. The joy of being with Johnny took over as I slowly sunk to the ground.

vegetariangirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:00 pm:
I just finished the outsiders in class, I love your verison better.

littlemisswallflower said...
today at 2:03 am:
This is my all time favorite book.  I think you described his point of view very well.  Excellent job.