The Day I met a Goddess | Teen Ink

The Day I met a Goddess

September 11, 2013
By FrancesR BRONZE, Hermon, Maine
FrancesR BRONZE, Hermon, Maine
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Rhyming is hard....
I'm Batman


“Gwen! You'd better come look at this!” the Doctor yelled cheerily.

“Coming” I chimed back! I ran down the narrow halls of his TARDIS and found myself in the library.

“I don't even know where you are!” I yelled in frustration. A hand found its way to mine, and our hands became lovingly intertwined. I spun around to face the Doctor. He was such a tease sometimes. He smiled brightly at me and we shot off down the maze of halls.

“Where are we going!” I screeched merrily

“You'll see! Oh its going to be Wonderful!” he said. We burst through the doors of the TARDIS and I gaped at what I saw before me. Tall grass, swaying in the wind, with a burnt orange sky, rimmed with clouds. Trees everywhere, and silver leaves blowing in the cool breeze. In the center of all this, I saw the most beautiful citadel, stacked neatly on top of a mountain ridge. The two red suns made the whole thing glow orange.

“Is this Galafray?” I breathed as I turned to face the Doctor. He was watching my reaction with a smile.

“No, but it's the closest thing I could find. This is Galafrays twin planet, located on the complete other side of the galaxy.” he stated proudly.

“Wow” was all I could say.

“We can only stay for a little bit, they might be dangerous” He tried to keep a straight serious face while he told me this. I saw a smile creep across his lips, and I giggled in anticipation.

“Where do you want to go first” he said excitedly.

“Anywhere with you” was my response, and we shot off once more. Down the hill, through a gap in the trees and smack dab into the middle of an ambush. When I saw them, I stopped dead in my tracks. Huge men were standing in rows, with some sort of space-age rifles pointed at our heads. The one directly in front of us shouted something in a language I couldn't understand, and all the men pointed the rifles at the doctor. The doctor tightened his grip, and then let his hand slip out of mine. I looked at him and said,
“Oh no you don't, I said I would go anywhere with you, and I meant it.” I grabbed his hand, which was now raised in surrender. I glared at the men, and screamed,

“If you want to take him, your going to have to take me too. This guy is not going to leave my side. You'll have to kill before you can take him.”

“That can be arranged”
The sea of armed men parted down the center, to reveal a short man In a blue robe.

“Seize them” he stated as if he had just finished a meal, and was now ordering desert.

“No no, uh, this is a bad Idea, um, we were just visiting”, doctor stammered, trying to buy some time. I didn't work. The two biggest men stepped forward and grabbed us by the arms. While I tried to bite them, the doctor tried to reason with them.

“No, you don't want to do that, HEY! Watch your hands!” he yelped. I might of laughed, but I was in the same situation as him. Just then a tall slender woman in a flowing white dress stepped forward. The silver wreath on her head glinted orange in the burnt red suns.

“Release them” she ordered. As she continued to stride toward us, all of the men bowed on one knee. The doctor followed their example and bowed his head. I nudged him,

“Really! You don't even know who they are, and now your bowing to them?!”

“You'd best kneel, I don't think they want to play games”
Reluctantly I knelt, but I refused to bow my head.

“Who are you?” I asked

“Athena. Goddess of wisdom. Follow me” She turned and went the way she came. We rose, and followed her awkwardly through the kneeling crowd of overgrown men. The doctor glanced my way and stated,

“That escalated quickly” and smiled. I grinned back, and turned to look at Athena.

“A goddess” I squeaked excitedly.

“I know! Look at her! She's glowing!” he replyed.





Chapter 2 Coming Soon!


The author's comments:
I love Dr.Who, and this my first article. I would love some feedback. Tell me what you thought, and If I should continue writing this book!