Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Fan-Fic Part 1 | Teen Ink

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Fan-Fic Part 1

By SpawnofNerdom GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma
SpawnofNerdom GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma

How's it goin bro?

Many Years Ago:Central City
It was a rainy day in Amestris, and Konata was walking with Edward and Alphonse Elric and Edwards son, Hohenheim, and his sister, Lila. Only her two best friends in the entire country of Amestris knew what she could do. "Konata, did you know your dad is a big stick in the mud? Especially now that he's become the fuhrer," Ed said. "Oh stop it,Ed," Al chimed in. The children giggled. "Mommy said he wouldn't even be here if it weren't for her and you guys, and Mr. Hughes, and Mr. Armstrong and-" she was cut off by screeching car. Hohenheim tilted his head in confusion, and as the bearded men came out of the car, carrying guns. "Get back!"Ed shouted."Al get them out of h-" Ed looked at his brother as he fell to the ground, two shots in his middle back area. One of the guys with guns grabbed Konata by the hair and threw her into the car, and the others made sure Ed was beaten to a pulp and was unable to follow. Lila ran up to one, tears streaming down her eyes, and started screaming and hitting the guys leg. He pushed her off, and they climbed into the car taking Mustangs daughter with them.
When Roy Mustang and his wife, Riza Hawkeye heard the news, they were devastated. Mustang wouldn't eat or sleep, and Hawkeye couldn't stop tapping and twitching. Days had gone by, and Ed was just as frustrated as Konata's parents were. His brother was still in the hospital, and his kids were to afraid to look out the window, let alone go outside again. "I could have done something,"Ed told Winry, his wife. "It's not your fault,Ed," she said. Bu she sounded as shaky as he felt. "What if we never see her again?"

A Few Years Later:Somewhere in Drachma
Konata had become thinner, and her long black hair grew down to her calves. The assistant scientist,James, came in. He was more wicked than the people who took her away from the people she loved. She looked up, her brown eyes hollow. When she saw who it was, she backed away into a corner of her dark, almost pitch black room. "No more,"she muttered,"No more needles and pain." James cam closre, and before she could protest any more he grabbed her hair, like the man did on that day, and forced her toward the lab. "We are going to make those beautiful golden eyes of yous even bette. Don't you want that?" He asked. A if she had a choice. They were careful not to put any metal or earth in the same room as her. They strapped her wrists and ankles to the table before she could make any moves. They closed off her mouth so she couldn't so any dirty tricks with her air bending. The scientists around her forced her eyes open,and plunge a scalpel into them. She heard James's voice saying something. "...procedure is going to give you better vision. Even a night you'll be able to see!" He spoke triumphantly.

Many Years Later
"Today is the day you take down Armstrong and her cursed wall," James spoke as the wall appeared in his vision. But not Konata. She wished she could see again. It has been about seven years since that day. She smiled. They expected her to take down Mr. Armstong's sister and her Northern Wall of Briggs,the border line between Amestris and Drachma. But she had her own agenda. Today, she was going to be free. As they releases her from her plastic prison, she felt a wave of cold air. It was worse for her at first because she didn't have sleeves, and because of that, she used her fire bending to heat her whole body. She didn't even have to move to make the heat course through her veins. She went first, and they would follow. The soldiers at Briggs would never see her in this storm. They would spot the tanks and army, however. She heard shots from the wall. She felt the metal coming at her, and forced it to go to the Drachman soldiers. More shooting, and something that sounded like a cannon. One of the Drachman tanks shot, and she made the missile go toward the people who she hated most in the entire world. Konata lifted the frozen ground with her earth and water bending, burying the Drachman soldiers. Except for James, who was also the general of this army. She focused on where he was with her bare feet, and lifted him into the air. Blood bending was not her favorite, but she figured that if he should be killed, it would be by his long time rival. She heard im sceam, and let him drop. Konata could feel everyone's foot steps and heart beats as she lifted the ground under her, so that she rose up to eye level with Olivier Armstrong. She stepped down on the wall. "Can I go home now?"

In Central
"Hello?" Mustang said. "Mustang? It's Armstrong, and we have a girl here claiming to be your kid." Armstrong said. He sat up right,and Hawkeye looked at him in confusion. "Okay. I'll send Ed and Al up there to check it out." He waited for her to reply. "Fine, but if they break anything it's out of your paycheck." There was a click,indicating she had hung up. "She's back."

In Resembool
Hohenheim stared at his automail with a satisfied smile on his face. "Done," he said. "What is?" His mom asked. "My automail,"he replied. As Winry came to see, Ed burst into the room. Alphonse sat up, and Lila looked up from her book. "They found her. They found Konata. She's still alive!" He was grinning from ear to ear, and Winry got tears of joy. "Al and I are going to go get her," he continued. "We'll come with!" Hohenheim spoke. Lila nodded in agreement. "Okay, but bring the warmest clothes you have."

Northern Wall of Briggs
It had been a week since Konata arrived, and even though they put her in a cell and in restraints, she felt free, happy almost. Her mind was full of thoughts and memories of Mei Chang and Shou Mei, Ed and Al, her parents, Winry, Pinacko, but mostly, Hohenheim and Lila. She heard a door open, and footsteps. "Konata? Is that really you?" she heard a voice say. It was so familiar and promised safety. "I forgot the sound of my own name. It feels good to hear it again." She sat up. "Who's there?" she asked. She heard the cell door slide open, more footsteps, and the squeaks of the springs n the bed across from her. "It's us,Konata. Ed, me, Hohenheim, and Lila," one of them explained. She could tell by the heartbeats of the group that he wasn't lying. Alphonse Elric was not telling a fib. The Elric's wee really here. She felt almost overwhelmed with excitement, and for the first time in a long time, happiness. Konata grinned from ear to ear. She was gonna go home. She broke the restraints around her wrists and stood up. They stood up with her, and hugged her until she couldn't breath. She had missed the smell of the country oil on them. "How did you do that?" Hohenhiem asked as they passed Officer Fallman. "Edward Elric? Alphonse? I haven't seen you in years, what are you doing up hear?" As Ed and Al chatted with Fallman, Konata explained the details of the hell hole she was taken to, and what they did to her. But she didn't tell them she was blind. Not yet. Not now.

On the train, Konata sat between Hohenheim and Lila, while Ed and Al sat across from them. 'Just like old times,'she thought. They heard screaming, gunshots, and commands. Ed, Al, and Konata stood up. It was coming from one ca over. "Sit," she told the Elric brothers. "I can handle this." Before they could protest, she was already opening the door to the next car. The tormentors looked up at her. "You guys are just a bunch of bullies, who love picking on the ones who are weaker than you. That stops now," she said. "Who's gonna stop us? You? You're ust a puny little girl. What could you possibly do-" he was cut off by the metal tat was crushing him. She wasn't going to kill him. Not even if he deserved it. His friends raised there guns and knives, but they flew out of their hands, and next to Konata. Ed and Al came in, and if she could see their faces, she would see them with their mouths open in astonishment. She pinned the rest of the bullies against the wall with metal from the guns she took. They were scared, except one. One of them was laughing. She made a fireball in her right hand and raised it up to his face. "What's so funny?" she asked coldly. "You'll never make it to the station," he laughed." Everyone on this train will go up in a wall of fire!" He was cackling now but she didn't care. She got down on one knee and put her hand to the floor. "Damn. He's right. There's another train headed straight for us." She felt the heartbeats of everyone on the train speed up. "I will handle this."
She raised herself to the roof of the train, and started running,jumping over the spaces in between cars. She heard the other trains horn. "All about timing," she told herself. It was about fifty yards away now. She climbed to the front of the train and started making the train slow down to a stop. The other one however was now closer,and still speeding. She jumped off and landed on the tracks. She could feel it. This is where timing really counted. When it was about twenty feet from her she held her arms like an airplane and waited for impact. When it came it slammed her against the train her friends were on. She had stopped the train, but she couldn't move he arms. She couldn't feel her arms. She was crushed between two plates of metal. She bit her lip to keep from crying out. 'Let the pain happen. Don't fight it, that will only make it worse,'she thought. As people came out of the trains she slipped into unconsciousness from loss of blood. But they were safe, and that was all she cared about.

I really love Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Avatar:the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra so I figured "Why not?"