The New Heroes:Part Three (Avengers) | Teen Ink

The New Heroes:Part Three (Avengers)

By SpawnofNerdom GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma
SpawnofNerdom GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma

How's it goin bro?

When 626 woke up, it was dark, except for a little light coming from the window. She snapped the ropes around her wrists and ankles with no effort at all. She walked up-or more like stumbled-to the window and looked out. The view was amazing. It was miles of endless blue sky with skyscrapers below. She started looking around, and when she found the lever that opened the hangar, she pulled it. The door behind her opened and the mecha stepped in. For those of you who don't know what a mecha is, it's a guy in i giant suit of armor that has nothing but weapons, and increases strength by a lot. The left side of his face was purple and swollen like 626s eye. She grabbed a fire extinguisher and threw it at him as hard as she could. it busted open and white foam went everywhere. She took the chance and jumped. Her scratches stung bad, and she was falling fast. Then she remembered she had wings. She lurched upward, and realized that she had more internal injuries than she thought. I hurt so much, she almost blacked out again. That's when she saw her brother, Iron Man, and Spider-Man racing towards her. She looked back at the plane and saw the mecha and Ringmaster looking down at her. She smiled for the first time in her life. They're free now. She was having trouble flying, it felt weird to her. Every bone in her body hurt, and she was tired. She waved to her brother, and then she doubled over and puked blood, and fell like a rock.

When 627 saw 626 jump out of the plane he was to excited for words, and forget to flap, causing him to drop about ten feet. He saw her waving, and he waved back, but his face fell when he saw her vomiting blood, and then fall. Spider-Man caught her, and handed her to him. Her face was bloody and her eye swollen. He could feel her broken ribs and collapsed lung. She had way more lashes than before, and a few of her fingers were broken. When they landed he almost fell. Iron Man yanked the web off of his chest. "Luckily Avengers Mansion isn't that far away," said Iron Fist. When they got inside, the Thing, Wolverine, and Luke Cage had confused looks on all their faces. "Ben, call Reed," said Cap. "You got it," he replied, and left the room. "Mind tellin' us what's goin' on, bub," said Logan. Spider-Man told them everything 627 had told them. About twenty minutes later, Mr.Fantastic arrived with Invisible Woman and the Human Torch close behind. Cap came up to 627 and said,"Look, I know your worried but we need you to stay out here until we're done." He didn't argue, just sat down next to the door and waited. Sue brought him some water, and sat down next to him. They didn't say anything to each other for the longest time, until he broke the silence. "Will she be okay?" She just looked at him and nodded. "So...is Six twenty-seven your actual name or...?" Sue asked. "Yeah. I mean, it's the only thing iv'e been called my whole life," he replied. "What do you want it to be?"

When 626 woke up, it was night. Her left hand was in a cast, and she had bandages all over her,including her eye. She tried sitting up, but lied back down because of the pain. She turned and saw her brother sleeping in a chair,his shirt stained with her blood. She took the blanket on top of her and put it on her brother. She was practically sweating anyway. She turned to her right side so she wouldn't have to lay on her wings, curled up, and fell asleep. As she fell asleep, she thought,"this could be a new beginning for us."