The New Heroes:Part Four (Avengers) | Teen Ink

The New Heroes:Part Four (Avengers)

By SpawnofNerdom GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma
SpawnofNerdom GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma

How's it goin bro?

626, now going by Alex, and 627, going by Ed, were going to meet Tony in his lab. First, they were going to get the cast of her hand. While Jane was taking the cast off the girls started talking. "Alex,huh? Nice name, but usually it's for guys." Alex just looked at her."Iv'e heard it both ways." Jane smiled. "So...if you leave, what would you be doing?" Alex thought or a moment, and said "Track down Ringmaster and Mecha-Man,along with taking down a few bad guys to help you out a little." Jane looked kind of surprised by this answer. "Why?" Jane asked. Alex did a half smile, and said,"It's simple,really. I-we- don't want anybody to get hurt like we did."

At Tony's lab, Ed and Alex went nuts for the equipment, like his toolbox and extra armor. Ed saw Alex messing with pipe cleaners of different sizes. "Do you have any rubber-bands?" She asked. Tony pulled one from his pocket and handed it to her, looking confused. "Thanks," she said. "What are you making?" Stark asked. "Helicopter. Got the idea from a book." She winded the blades and let it go. "Wow I never expected that thing to fly," Tony said as it hit the wall. "Anyway, here," tony handed us each a necklace. They were halves of the sign of balance, a Yin-Yang. He handed Ed the one that was mostly black, and Alex the one with mostly white. "Press the circles," Tony said. Ed and Alex's images changed so they looked like normal people. The cool part was he made it to where the scars still showed. To Ed, they were reminders of the pain he and his sister endured. He,nor his sister wanted them gone, or hidden. "By the way I need to talk to both of you about two things: fashion and identity. Especially fashion. Seriously you went with camouflage and combat boots? Steve has always been a fan of them."

"We're gonna go explore the Big Apple," Alex said as she and Ed left. As they were walking, they past Midtown High. The twins didn't know how old they were. They just assumed they were sixteen or seventeen. A bunch of teenagers came out,practically crawling over each other. They reminded her of cattle,in a way. One of the teenagers, a guy with black hair, skinny jeans, and a tuxedo T-shirt ran up to us. "Hi, i'm Noah, who are you guys?" he said. "I'm Ed, and this is Alex," her brother said. "Wicked scar. Hey do you guys want to grab a pizza?" Noah asked. "No thanks," said Alex. "Hey. babe, why the cold shoulder?" "We just met you, all we know is your name, and you offer us pizza? Why don't we get to know each other, see where it goes, and then go for pizza." Alex explained it like it was the most obvious thing on Earth. "Fine. How about the park, then?"

Mecha-Man was having a hard time keeping his cousin, Ringmaster, from snapping everyone's necks. Now he saw why they left when they had the chance. Even though it had been about a month since they got away, she was still steaming with hatred. He was just glad the Masters of Evil finally accepted her on the their team. She yelled less when there was something to satisfy her. She walked in with a devilish grin and said," Let's find those brats, shall we?"

When the twins got back to Avengers HQ, Steve and Tony were waiting. "Jane told us what you said earlier," Steve started," And we want you to know that you have our thanks, and we'll help with finding Ringmaster." The twins looked almost stunned. Then Alex remembered that the Ringmaster was offered a pot on the Masters of Evil. "I think I might actually have some leads."

After that, Ed and Alex wentto the training room. "Been a while since we've spared, huh, sis?" Ed asked. "To be honest, I'm still not used to eating this much. I feel lie i'm getting flabby," Replied Alex, but anyone hearing that would be surprised, because they could still count most of her ribs without even trying. They lashed out at each other, and by the time they were done, it was late, and they were barely breaking a sweat. They were completely aware that Iron Fist and Ms. Marvel were watching them. "Hey guys,"said Ed, as they walked past them. As they were walking, Wolverine came up and said "You're going with me to see the X-Men. They're gonna want to meet you.