Strange Little Encounters | Teen Ink

Strange Little Encounters

By NalaniLCruz BRONZE, Tracy, California
NalaniLCruz BRONZE, Tracy, California

The top of the mountain is only good for views, and inpiration, but the fruit is in the valley!

"I'm telling you I'm over Princess Bubblegum!" Finn yelled blushing. His face was red like a tomato as he stared off into the fire, "I met someone. Some one good. Passionate." He pulled his hands closer to the fire as if he were going to try to touch it.

"Okay Finn," I tell him, "Whatever you say."

When I look over his shoulder his friend… ummm.. Oh Jake. Is waving his hands, a gesture that would mean no, and he mouthed the words, Evil. I looked back to Cake and she shrugged, "So," Cake began, "How did you crazies come over here in the first place?"

Finn stopped, his face now turning back to its normal shade. "Hmm…" he thought.

For those of you who didn't get it right away, I'm Fiona. I live here in the land of Aaa and right when I was going to see what Prince Gumball is up to these to, bozos fall from the sky and land on top of us. It really hurt. I mean it really really hurt. By it's coolio, because I can handle it.

"Hmmmm…" he looked to Jake, "Hey dude, how did we get out here again? I forget. I think I broke my noggin."

"Dude, don't you remember. We were messing with Marcy at a bad time and she sent us here."

"Oh yeah that's right!" Finn laughed.

I have no idea who they are talking about. "Hey!" Finn yelled pulling me out of thought.

"W-what?" I ask.

"Do you have a guy Marceline?" he asks suddenly. His expression became very excited as he leaned toward me. "I mean we have a friend named Marceline and well since you are supposed to be the girl version of me, I wondered if there was a dude version of her."

"Well I don't know. Who is she? I mean what is she like?"

"She's crazy," Jake said suddenly, but Finn put his hand over Jake's mouth.

"Dude," Finn yelled, "We do not call our friends names like that."

"Well she is!" Jake yelled back.

"Okay," I begin again, "So she's apparently crazy from Jake's point of view. How do you see her?" I ask Finn.

"Well she's mischievous. Always pranking on people. Oh and she's a vampire-"

"Yes!" I yell immediately knowing who he's talking about, "Yes, except we call him Marshal Lee!"

"Marshal Lee, huh?"

"Yeah," I say again laughing, "That does sound like something he would do, so she will be probably coming back to get you."

"I don't know. That's more of a fifty, fifty chance."

We all laugh and then awkwardly sit in the silence.

Our lives are so similar; it's scary but, about what Finn said earlier. I'm not going to lie. It's kind of buggin me.

"I'm telling you I'm over Princess Bubblegum!" Finn yelled blushing. His face was red like a tomato as he stared off into the fire, "I met someone. Some one good. Passionate."

So does that mean I will be over Prince Gumball and meet this good and passionate some one? "So?" I say again. Awkardness filling my voice again. Everyone looks at me which makes it even more embarrassing, "Who is this someone you met?" I ask. I feel the warmth rise up my neck and on my face. It kind of tickled.

"Well, she's Flame Princess, so I think here he would be the Flame Prince."

"Flame Prince huh?"

"Yeah, why?"

I blush a little harder, "No reason."

"Well ok-!

"Hey! Are you morrons done playing? I'm going to get back at you for what you did!" I didn't recognize this voice and yet I did. The personality sounded fimilliar but the voice was soo unfimiliar. It was deep and yet feminine. Definitely something I wouldn't have expected. I don't know. Does that make sense?

When I looked up I see a beautiful girl with blue skin and long black hair, with cut shorts, a rocker T, and an old leather jacket. "Well are you!?" she yelled, her face in a smirk.

Finn laughed, "Yeah Marcy, pick up our bods will ya?"

As Marceline pulled them away, Jake and Finn waved back, "Bye Fiona, bye Cake! Hope to see you again!"

"Yeah!" I yelled back but I don't think they heard me. They were way too far in the sky by then. "yeah," I whispered.

I thought about what he was said again, "I'm telling you I'm over Princess Bubblegum!"

Over Prince Gumball?

"Hey Fiona? You think PG will still allow us over even though it's late?"

Before I could answer it started to rain, light at first but then started to rain down hard. Cake and I ran to our house. "Sorry Cake maybe next time," I tell her. When I hear her stomach rumble I smile, "You hungry Cat?"

"Well yeah but I didn't pick up any groceries I guess we'll have to wait tomarrow."

"No it's cool," I say opening the door., "I mean it's just a little rain. Doesn't bother me. I'll go get some and run back."

"I don't know," Cake answered hesitant, "I mean maybe I should come with you."

"You don't have to," I smile. I know Cake will freak walking through rain. She never liked it, "I'll be fast."

"Well, Okay girrrl," she said, "Come back soon."

I ran to the Grocery kingdom, hoping that someone is out. It started to rain down even harder by the time I got there.

"Hello?" I yell but the streets are empty. There's not a single person outside. It almost looks deserted, "Hello?" I call again but no luck. This place is definitely creepy. Walking deeper and deeper in town makes my girly hairs stand, but then I see a faint light. It was glowing in a far distance. I run to it. "Hello?" I call again, "Is any one there? I was hoping you might have been selling something-"

I stopped. When I got closer I saw that he was no sells man. He wore a cloak which hid his face, but it did him no good if his plan was to be inconspicuous, because he shined like a candle. "Hello?"

He wouldn't move. He pushed himself closer to the wall, trying to stay under his little piece of shelter as much as possible. What was he doing? "Hey are you okay?" I ask. He didn't say anything. Instead he turned his head slightly, looking at me from beneath his long hood. He moved closer when a drop of water falls and hits his hand.

"Ow!" he yelled. I almost jump at the shriek.

Now I see the problem. I pulled out my umbrella opening it, "Here you can borrow it, if you want."

He looked up and took off his hood. That's when I saw his face, which was the color of orange, red, yellow, and pink and blue and purple all at the time. I'm sorry but I've never seen anyone like this ever. He didn't smile at all. But instead he gave me this meaningful look and reached for the handle, "Thanks," he told me. He reached for the handle and those seconds I was enchanted by Glob knows what. Noggin was all types of crazy. I wasn't paying attention to anything but his face, when he touched my hand and then I felt a sting, growing hotter and hotter.

"Ouch!" I cry.

He pulled back to startled.

I look away blushing. "Are you… the Flame Prince?"

He started to step backward again pulling his hood over his head, "How do you know that?"

"Long story," I tell him, "Listen I don't know how this works or if the other me met the other you this way," he kept making a face at me like I was crazy. Wouldn't blame him. I knew I sounded crazy, "but I think this isn't the last time we see each other. So… I'm Fiona."

Flame Prince bowed and said, "Hello, Princess Fiona."

I blushed even harder, "No…no no… just Fiona. I'm no Princess."

"Sorry," he told me, "my mistake."

I hand him the umbrella and turn to leave but before I do I stop and turn back to him, "Umm.. so see you later?"

He nodded his head once, "See yah."

"Okay," I say. Glob I feel like I've said that word way too much today and I'm definitely not sure what just happened, but I am sure of one thing. Groceries are definitely not going to happen tonight. The songs of Cake and my empty stomachs are going to play for us all night.

I think about Fin and what he said about getting over Princess Bubblegum and then I start to think, I don't know if I'm over Prince Gumball yet, or if I ever will be, but something told me deep inside that if I were to be over anyone at all. I probably would probably take this Flame Prince in consideration. "Good." I say last time and then I turn again and leave. Leaving a little strange light behind me with a piece of proof I do exist just as much as he does. It makes me think. If I don't see him again. I think that would be sad, because I do. I want to see him again.