Davy Jones and the Kraken

Once upon a time, Davy Jones released the kraken, but the kraken said, "...No. I don't feel like destroying things."

“Can we talk about this some other time?” said the pirate under his breath. “No. I mean, I thought we were going to make a commitment here. But all you ever do is tell me to kill people. Well I’ve got news for you. It get’s old. Why don’t you do your own killing? You know what I would like to have been?”

“What’s that?”

“A florist.”

“…”

“That’s right. A wedding florist. I’ve wanted to do that since I was nine, Davy. Nine. And here you’ve got me destroying things. Are these tentacle only made to destroy? I think not. We said we would support each other Davy. And you just use me.”

“Well I mean —,”

“Am I just a tool to you!? Is that it!?”

“No, no.”

“Yes it is! That’s exactly how it is! I’m threw with you, Davy. You can’t suppress me any more. I’m off to peruse my dreams. To be somebody!” The kraken began to swim off. “Wait! Kraken, come back! Can’t we talk about this?” The kraken suddenly turned around and swam back. “No you know what. Thank you. Because of you, I’m a better wiser kraken now. I don’t need a man to know who I am. So good bye, Davy Jones. And good luck getting anything done without me.” And with that the kraken sunk down into the ocean and swam off into the sunset.

nelehjr This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:34 am
What the duces?! I think I like it...You're completely mad and I love it! Thank you for writing something hilarious and not depressing. Though this is fan fiction it is very original. Rock on!