Latina Bloods (A Perfect Chemistry Fan Fiction) | Teen Ink

Latina Bloods (A Perfect Chemistry Fan Fiction)

By Kayroxy101 GOLD, Ringwood, New Jersey
Kayroxy101 GOLD, Ringwood, New Jersey

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." ~ Robert Frost

"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence."~ Augustus Waters, The Fault in Our Stars

I was born into the LB. My father traded me in when I was four years old for the freedom of his future children. Ma was pregnant with another kid at the time. Chuy always needed a Fuentes in the Latino Bloods. It was a fixation of his.
I am sitting on the floor of a warehouse, toying with the Glock in my hands. I know how to shoot straight blindfolded and upside-down. Chuy pretty much raised me. My father was here most of the time but he went home at the end of the day to go back to Ma. He got shot when I was 15.
I’m 26. I spend my nights gangbanging and my mornings dealing. None of the boys here accept me. There isn’t supposed to be a women in the Latino Bloods. That’s why it’s called the Latino Bloods. I get up and stick the gun in my waistband.
“Ahh, Fuentes, welcome back.”
I turn to see who’s talking. It’s Chuy but he’s not talking to me. He’s talking to a young boy, about a senior in high school. Fuentes? The boy gives me a curious look when he sees me. Chuy looks up and sees me, a nasty grin appears on his face. I nod my head in the young boy’s direction. Chuy’s smirk widens.
“Carlos, this is Esperanza.” Chuy says gesturing towards me. Carlos nods.
“What’s your last name, niño?” I ask the boy.
“Fuentes, chicka. Why you ask?”
My eyes dart at Chuy, he has that nasty grin on again. “No reason.” I tell the kid. “Chuy, we need to talk.” I say as I turn on my heals and leave the room. Another Fuentes? Didn’t my good-for-nothing father give me up to the gang so that this wouldn’t happen? What the hell is going on?
In a couple minutes Chuy enters the small room that I am in.
“A Fuentes!?” I shout as soon as the door shuts. “What the hell?”
“I couldn’t resist. I like my Fuentes. They work well,” As he says this he comes closer to me.
I back away. “That’s not fair. Let him go.”
“No. I don’t think I will,” he says as that disgusting smirk goes back on his face and he places his repulsive meaty hands on my hips. “Come on, chicka.”
“Go to hell, Chuy,” I say as I punch him in the face. I run for it. No one attacks the leader of the LB and gets away with it, including another LB. I can hear him cursing as I dash through the doorway. I grab a switchblade off the counter and head out the back door. The noise of pounding footsteps can be heard now. Chuy had told everyone to go after me. Since none of them particularly liked me anyway, I bet they were thrilled to finally have a reason to get me.
I make a sharp turn into a dark alleyway then jump a fence. I’m free. For now.

This is based upon the series, A Perfect Chemistry. This is around book two. Not sure exactly what will happen next so I figured I would share how much I have!

on Mar. 19 2012 at 7:52 am
Kayroxy101 GOLD, Ringwood, New Jersey

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,

Thank yoU! :)

on Mar. 18 2012 at 10:05 pm
Jessica. SILVER, Lynwood, California

Call no man happy 'till he is dead

Good detail