Snape Hunting | Teen Ink

Snape Hunting

By Mary Sawyer PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas
Mary Sawyer PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas

Percy was rather flustered after dinner, on account of Ron, Harry, and Hermione's odd behavior. They hadn't said anything much, and what they had said was oddly formal. He had been hoping for some hints as to their whereabouts, or plans, or ANYTHING really. If he gave information to his superiors, it might increase their regard for him. However, he didn't have time to brood, because he was supposed to be meeting Penelope outside the Ravenclaw common room.

Meanwhile, Fred and George had just finished setting off half a dozen dungbombs to start the Christmas season the right way. Unfortunately, Harry had run off before they had a chance to ask him how Hogsmede had been, so they settled on Snape Hunting. Ah, the time-honored tradition of Snape Hunting, many boring prank-deprived evenings had been turned into interesting, slightly more dangerous ones. The rules were quite simple, really, find Snape on the Marauder's Map (they really did miss that old thing, it gave them inspiration for their greatest pranks), make sure Filch and Mrs. Norris aren't near, then fling dungbombs from secret passageways. Ah, the times they had shared with their teacher...they would never forget him, and, thanks to Snape Hunting, neither would he.

"What do you want to do, George? Go through Snape's favorite hallways, or just put off Snape Hunting altogether? Without the map it's going to get harder." Fred asked, then bemoaned the fact that they had (in a moment of weakness and possibly stupidity) given it to Harry. It made you hate the tosser even more because he was so utterly deserving.

"Just think of it this way, Fred. Since we don't know where Snape OR Filch and his pesky cat are, it'll be even MORE exciting!" George said, trying to perk Fred up.

"True," said Fred, reasonably, then punched George's shoulder playfully, "but when did you get to be so clever? I always thought you claimed to be the better looking!"

"Well SOMEONE had to have a few redeeming traits around here." George said, puffing out his chest.

"And I always claimed to be the better looking because I AM." George finished, grinning.

"Oh, alright, but I'm still better with the ladies." Fred said, winking playfully.

Just then, someone stepped out of the shadows, making Fred and George jump. It was Percy.

"Blimey, Perce, you nearly gave me a heart attack!" Fred said, shaking his head to get rid of that deer-in-headlights look.

"Again." George added, earning a light smack on the shoulder from Fred.

"Go back to the common room, you fools! It's after curfew." Percy said, making the twins roll their eyes. George sent Fred a covert look, and Fred nodded.

"Of COURSE we're going to the common room. Just coming back after a nice long Snape Hunt, actually. Well, goodbye, then." Fred said, and the twins seemingly vansished from sight (actually, they had probably taken a secret passage, but that's not the point, is it?).

"Percy?" Called a familiar female voice.

"Percival Ignatius Weasley, if you don't come here this instant I'm going to tell Snape on you." Penelope Clearwater said, making Percy hunch his back.

"Coming, dearest." Percy said, walking tiredly around the corner.

At the exact same time, from their favorite broom closet, Fred and George watched gleefully as Percy got chewed out by his girlfriend.

"Brilliant idea, George, this is worth it." Fred said, making George turn around with a bewildered look on his face.

"But, Fred, this was your idea! I sent that covert look to ask if you wanted to go get sandwiches after this is done!" George said, making Fred slap his forehead in disgust.

"-should have met me back where we agreed, Percy." Penelope said, and the twins flinched back in unison.

"Ooh, Percy got burned." George said, making Fred nod in agreement.

"Let's help him get back in the graces of his lady friend, shall we?" Fred asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"What are we going to do, write a pitiful 'I'm sorry' speech for Percy and have him read it to Penelope? Pfft, I doubt it." George said, making Fred shake his head yet again.

"No, we summon our newest creation, George! Merlin, since when do you not know what I'm thinking when I'm wiggling my eyebrows?" Fred asked in disgust (yet again).

"Erm, since you started to mean something other than 'that girl's good looking, let's go flirt with her'." George said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Nevermind, Accio magic mistletoe!" Fred said, summoning what would become their greatest, and most profitable, creation yet.

Unfortunately, summoning charms don't get the said objects through solid wood, so halfway through it's flight down the corridor, they had to levitate it over the soon-to-be-happy couple. As if by some divine force (or perhaps simply obeying her queue) Penelope looked up and blushed ferociously. Percy looked up as well and tugged at his collar. Percy finally sighed, and, disregarding all pretense, swept Penelope into an enthusiastic snog.

Penelope's P.O.V.

He may be a prat, (okay, he IS a prat) but he's exceptionally good at snogging. Ah, this one's for the record books!

Percy's P.O.V.

At least she's not yelling at me anymore. Now we can go back to sharing our ideals about the ministry, and how we think it should work. Mmm, maybe mistletoe's not that bad after all!

No one's P.O.V.

The twins sighed as Fred snapped pictures of the soon-to-be-unhappy-yet-again couple. Later that night, George would be having a stern reprimand for his use of the 'twin non-verbal language', though, and his license would be temporarily confiscated. But, George reminded himself, if he HADN'T used the T.N.V.L. in a wrong way, they wouldn't be getting as many galleons! And, if muggle sayings were true, if they got paid a sickle for every word, they would be rich men by the end of the week...hopefully.