The Force is Strong in This Wand

The Force is Strong in This Wand, Chapter 1

<i>Summary: Obi-Wand Kenobi is a fourth year student at Hogwarts. After getting hit by one of Trelawney’s crystal balls during the Second Battle of Hogwarts, he wakes up in the hospital wing, believing that he is an intergalactic justice mediator and that he must save the galaxy from a mysterious force known as the Sith. Torn between his obligation as a student wizard and his delusions he has come to know as “destiny” Obi-Wand must seek the truth. </i>

All he remembered was running. He was running away from the inferno that lay behind him. He could not quite recall why, but all he knew that happened next was a loud crashing sound, and the buckling of his knees. Obi-Wand Kenobi remembers that he took quite a blow to his head, and as he fell into a darkened state of consciousness, learned the Truth.

The Truth did not lie in the bowels of Hogwarts, nor did it lie in his once lifetime goal of becoming a St. Mungo’s nurse. Obi-Wand Kenobi was destined for a future far greater than that of wizard. He saw himself as a proud Jedi knight, gallantly swinging his lightsaber under the name of justice.

Obi-Wand was so taken by this vision that he woke up in the hospital wing (many months later) screaming passionately that he would undertake his lifelong mission to defend and exercise justice in all realms of the galaxy. Madam Pomfrey was quite alarmed, believing that the newly awakened Obi-Wand had gone insane.

“Insanity?” said he, “What in the blazes is insanity! My friend, I sought to seek a greater beyond among the stars! Discharge me from this infirmary. I must go forth to protect the code of justice!”

Madam Pomfrey denied Obi-Wand a chance at freedom and insisted that he must stay in bed. Obi-Wand did not take this too kindly, and attempted to use Jedi mind tricks on Madam Pomfrey.

Initially, he believed that he would be successful in this, beaming a confident smile reminiscent of a certain Gilderoy Lockhart, and waving his hand in front of a bewildered Madam Pomfrey. “You shall let Obi-Wand leave,” he said softly, “You shall let him defend the galaxy.”

Madam Pomfrey remained adamant on confining him. “You are not to leave the hospital wing until you are well, mentally and physically,” she said, “And if you try any more of this, I will have to subdue you by magic.”

Then, it dawned on Obi-Wand. There must have been a reason among reasons that Madam Pomfrey had not been swayed by his mind tricks. Most importantly, she had denied him access to protecting justice.

Madam Pomfrey was a powerful Sith Lord. And she must be stopped.

M1_65T said...
one word: awesome.

FriendOfTheAcorns replied...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:31 pm :
Thank you very much! May the Force be with you!

MarchingLifeAwayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 9:00 am:
This just made my day! :D

FriendOfTheAcorns replied...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:32 pm :
Thanks, I'm glad it did. I like your icon. I used to be afraid of Darth Vader as a small child, but ultimately he's one of my favorite characters. May the Force be with you!

EMis1123 said...
Okay, so, this is pretty awesome. I never thought Star Wars and Harry Potter could go together, but, well... good job! I never would have suspected Pomfrey, either.

FriendOfTheAcorns replied...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 8:30 pm :
Thank you very much! Crossovers can be pretty funny. It's fortunate that Star Wars and Harry Potter have a library of decent characters to work with.

StrangeJadeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh, seventh-grade fanfiction. :D This brings back lovely memories of the fics I wrote in middle school. Except mine were less funny and more...horrifyingly terrible. :P

FriendOfTheAcorns replied...
Jan. 22, 2012 at 1:20 am :
Ah, I recall my first fanfiction. It was short, and not very good at all (it was about Magic Tree House.) It's pretty funny reading things written a while back! At first, I thought it was embarrassing, but it's enjoyable afterward.

StrangeJadeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 22, 2012 at 12:16 pm :
Oh yes. I used to write these awful little things pairing Draco Malfoy with an original character. They were wonderfully angst-ridden, which was hilarious, because I was just about the happiest little middle-schooler ever. :P And that's when I vowed never to write badly again! :D

FriendOfTheAcorns replied...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 8:28 pm :
Haha! Over the summer, my friends met Chris Columbus (the man who did the first two movies) and one of them bravely asked, "How was it like working with Tom Felton?" and the others were like, "Thank you for asking what I was too shy to ask!" T'was funny.

Jan. 27, 2012 at 4:51 pm :
Ha, that's awesome. ^-^ Oh, Tom Felton, first celebrity love of mine... ;P