And They Said Speak Now... | Teen Ink

And They Said Speak Now...

By lightthefuze BRONZE, Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
lightthefuze BRONZE, Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania

I’m not the kind of girl
Who should be rudely barging in
On a white veil occasion
But you are not the kind of boy
Who should be marrying the wrong girl

Demi was standing outside the church, contemplating whether she should go inside or not. Damon shouldn’t be marrying her, I’M THE RIGHT GIRL FOR HIM, she thought. She slowly grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. Everyone was there, Caroline, Stefan, Jeremy… She didn’t see Damon or Elena, they must still be getting ready, she thought. She sat in the back of the church, making sure no one saw her.

Damon was in hell. He was wearing an all black tux. He was fixing his hair, and no matter how he did it, it still looked like he just woke up.

”Do you think Demi will come?” Damon asked.

“You know she won’t, Elena uninvited her. She doesn’t have the balls to come.” He said, laughing a little.

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Elena! Are you almost ready?” Jenna asked from the other side of the bathroom door.

Elena was wearing a long off-white dress. It had faint flowers on it and little beads on the top. With her hair curled, she reminded herself of Katherine. Was that why she was so b****y today?

“DON’T RUSH ME, JENNA!” She yelled. “I’m almost done.”

“Just because it’s your wedding day, doesn’t mean I can’t slap you.” She muttered.

“What?”

“Nothing…” She said, sitting on the couch.

Demi waited patiently for the lovely bride and groom to come out. After a minute or two, Damon walked out. He looked absolutely perfect. So much, it kinda hurt. Demi’s never seen him so dressed up before.

He was looking around the church, and once he saw Demi, he smiled right at her. But it wasn’t a happy smile, it was a “help me, please” smile.

The music started to play as Elena came down the aisle. Everyone was in awe of her. Even though, Demi didn’t see what was so special about her.

Elena stopped in front of Damon, and they started the ceremony. Demi couldn’t believe it, Damon was marrying Elena….

The preacher says, “Speak now or forever hold your peace.”

A few moments go by of silence.

And then Demi stands up, shaking, and goes into the aisle.

Everyone turned to her, giving her disapproved looks.

She didn’t notice, though, because her eyes we stuck on Damon.

“Demi?” Damon said, kind of relieved.

“I have to say something… well, sing it.”

And she started to sing:

I am not the kind of girl
Who should be rudely barging in
On a white veil occasion
But you are not the kind of boy
Who should be marrying the wrong girl.

So don’t say yes, run away now
I’ll meet you when you’re out
Of the church at the back door

Damon ran down the aisle and grabbed Demi’s hand.

“Damon, no!” Elena screamed from behind them, throwing her bouquet on the floor.

Damon and Demi ran out of the church. He lifted her up bridal style and carried her to his car.

He sung softly.

Baby, I didn’t say my vows
So glad you were around when they said
“Speak now”

“Now this is a happily ever after.” She kissed him.

song credit: Speak Now - Taylor Swift