Finding peace | Teen Ink

Finding peace

June 24, 2011
By Anonymous

Susan stared out the window into the gray, bleak morning known only to her as her sister's 20th birthday. Or it would be, anyway, if she had not been in that train wreck with Susan’s brothers on that fateful morning. She had been on her way to meet her brothers and see her cousin and his friend. What were they doing? Oh yes, they were going to play that silly game together again. No, Susan corrected herself. It was real. Narnia was real! At that moment, a gold blur appeared before her. A magnificent lion walked and stopped directly in front of her.
“Aslan,” Susan breathed.
“yes Dear heart, it is I” the he answered.
“ Aslan, is Lucy and and My brothers with you?” she asked.
“yes.” was all the lion said.
“oh, Aslan, can I come with you? I finally believe you are real!”
the lion looked at her solemnly. “ yes, I believe you are able.”
Immediately Susan heard a rustling of sound and was thrown into a place she thought she had seen before. It was Narnia, only better. The colors were brighter, and the places looked like Narnia, but also like the professors' house in England when she was younger during the war. She didn't have much time to think about it, though, because at that moment she heard familiar voices call, “Susan,Susan!” She whipped around saw what she had been wishing to see ever since the accident. She saw Lucy, Peter, and Edmund all running to greet her. She ran as fast as her as her legs could carry her a hurtled straight into her siblings. The had a group hug, and she told them all about her talk with Aslan. They all smiled. “oh, and I almost forgot!” Susan added. “what?” her siblings asked. "Happy Birthday, Lucy!” and as they all laughed, Susan saw something remarkable which is noted in the Chronicles. She saw Aslan turned into something that I cannot even start to describe but to tell you that it was so beautiful, no one here on earth can comprehend it. Susan sighed contently and lived a wonderful life in New Narnia.
* I do not own the Chronicles of Narnia, I simply write about it for my own enjoyment. Thank you*