Boredom and What Occurs Because of It | Teen Ink

Boredom and What Occurs Because of It

By momopeach SILVER, Wellington, Florida
momopeach SILVER, Wellington, Florida

I have not yet begun to fight!- John Paul Jones

“So, Katie what do you want to do today?” Jenny asked.

“I don’t know, we already watched all the Indiana Jones movies, ate all the Sour Patch Kids, and shaved the cat.”

“That’s true. So what should we do now?”

“How about we watch the Pirates of the Caribbean movies!” Katie exclaimed, vaulting off the couch.

“No. Remember what happened last time?” Jenny asked in a tired voice.

“Noooo.” Her multi- colored friend replied with phony innocence.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Jenny exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air in exasperation, “The last time I let you watch those movies you went on a pirate rampage!”

“That’s not true!” Katie protested indignantly.

“You destroyed half a city block!”

“Only half of it!”

“O.k. so what about the monkey?”

“What about the monkey?”

Jenny got up and lifted a foot rest off the floor to reveal an extremely emaciated monkey in pirate clothing in a bird cage.

“Look an undead monkey!” Katie shouted with glee, as the poor animal raced round and round in its cramped prison.

“I have no idea why I don’t call the cops on you.” Jenny muttered to her friend as she placed the cover.
“Because you’re my buddy.” Katie replied stretching out the word.

“Yeah, that’s it.” Jasmine said sarcastically.

“So, since that’s crossed off. Why don’t we go and mess with some authors characters?”

“That sounds ok, just as long as we send them back in the same condition as we found them.’

“O.k. mother. Since you’re no fun why don’t we find a book where in most chapters, most of them are damaged and broken?”

“I can allow that.”

“Yesss!”

“So what book do you want to choose from?” Jenny asked tentively

Katie just ran into the den to get a book.

‘Oh god! Why do I have a feeling that we’re going to be threatened by the police again?’ Jenny wondered to herself as she slumped onto a foot rest only to jump off it when a certain monkey protested loudly. She looked up with chagrin when Katie came crashing into the TV room carrying three books.

“Ok so here are the top three choices with the most injured and angsty characters.” Katie said cheerfully placing the books in for of Jenny.

“O.k. now what do we have here? Tolkien came to life last time and threatened to haunt us, we’re still being sued by Clive for breaking Dirk’s leg,’

“It wasn’t like he was going to use it any time soon.” Katie mumbled.

Jenny just rolled her eyes and fixed her attention on the last book.

“The three little pigs, don’t you think that’s a little too babyish for us?”

“Nope!”

“OK then, since this is the one that seems like it will result in the least amount of damage we’ll do this one.”

Jenny picked up the book and placed it in The Machine That Makes Characters Come out of Books all the while thinking that something bad was going to happen.

She was right of course.

“Katie! What the heck did you do?”

“Nothing I just gave you a book.”

“A book my coffee cup! You tricked me I knew The Three Little Pigs wasn’t that thick!”

“All I did was put the scripts of PotC in a book like box and hand it to you. It isn’t my fault that you didn’t pick a different book!”

“Well what are we going to do with them?”

“Yes what exactly are you going to do with us mate?” a man also known as Captain Jack Sparrow asked.

“Well…” Katie started pulling out a long list.

Jenny glanced at the two disgruntled actors/characters with pity. They were definitely going to need therapy after this.

This peice was inspired by a story on fanfiction.net

StellaDPloom SILVER, Hudson, New Hampshire

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs."
~Stephen King

I like this. Nice job.