Code: Lyoko New Beat Part 2 | Teen Ink

Code: Lyoko New Beat Part 2

By AelitaReloaded PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona
AelitaReloaded PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

"The pen is mightier than the sword" author unknown (to me)

Jeremie laughed darkly, “Welcome to the club, now find your weapon. It’s probably the butterflies in your hair, wait until we find some monsters.”

“Looks like she’s going to get her chance.” Odd grumbled, “Two tarantulas approaching fast!”

“Augh!” Jeremie gasped, clasping his head.

“What is it, Jeremie?” Sissi asked, concerned. Jeremie’s powers flashed, and Odd and Jeremie both devirtualized, leaving Jim and Sissi alone.

“Noooo!” Jeremie screamed, as they reappeared in the scanners, “I- I’ve got to get to the controls.”

“Are you sure you can?” Odd fretted, noticing, how pale and shaky Jeremie had gotten.

“No. But I’ve got to.” Jeremie replied, furrowing his eyebrows in determination.

Jeremie walked into the main room, leaning heavily against the wall. “I’ll help you.” Odd volunteered.

“No. I need to get there by my own means, if I’m not strong enough, then I’ll just make things worse when I get there.” Jeremie grunted, exerting.

The two tarantulas walked up to Sissi and Jim, hesitating, as though unsure if they were friend or foe. Jim pulled out his weapon, a spiked club. Though rudimentary, it got the job done. He lunged at one of the tarantulas, taking advantage of their hesitation.

“Wh-What is this place?” Sissi breathed, as she narrowly dodged a laser. Turning around, she saw a third monster, a krabbe. For the first time, her own power began to take effect, “Transform.” She whispered, as she turned into a ghost-like entity, and walked straight through the battle field. Lasers went straight through her. The she unsheathed her weapon, the twin butterfly barrettes in her hair. The metal butterflies flew into the monsters one by one, and they exploded.
Jeremie’s voice came from the speaker, “Go straight ahead. You’re not out of the woods yet.”

Yumi awoke, to find her bed still floating in mid air, and William gone. Concentrating on her timing, she jumped down from the bed, and left her room, heading for the factory.

Jeremie turned around in surprise when Yumi entered the factory, “Jeremie, am I too late?”

“Well, no. But, honestly, I wasn’t expecting to see you here.”

“Nor I, you.”

“Touché.”

“Your super computer control causing you trouble?”

“Naturally. And your telekinesis?”

“Naturally.”

“Well, do you think you’re in control now, because right now Jim and Sissi are in there all by themselves.”

“Sissi? I must be dreaming. She’s on Lyoko?” Yumi raised an eyebrow, making her view of Sissi’s intellect very clear.

“Yes, Yumi. And Jim and she are doing surprisingly well.”

“Regardless, I’m going in!” She declared, heading for the scanner room.

“I’m not sure that’s such a good idea. You’re highly unstable right now. We all are. Jim and Sissi seem to be doing just fine, so I’m going to let them try and do it on their own.” Yumi nodded once, letting Jeremie know she understood.

“Alright, but at the first sign that they mess up even a little, I’m going in.” Yumi grunted, seating herself in the scanner room, staring at the scanners anticipatingly.

“Oh no!” Jeremie exclaimed.

“What?” Odd asked with trepidation.

“This whole thing… it’s all just one big distraction. XANA’s attacking Franz Hopper, meanwhile, we’re totally helpless to do anything about-“ Jeremie broke off, as he could feel his powers reactivating. Suddenly, Jim and Sissi’s weapons were being deleted. Thinking fast, and knowing that their very lives depended on him not doing that, he called to Odd, “Hit me. Knock me out. Hit me as hard as you can.” Odd hesitated, not fully understanding why Jeremie would make such a request, unaware of the present danger. Still, trusting his friend, he grabbed a metal bar off of the table, and swung it as hard as he could into Jeremie’s jaw. Jeremie cried out, but remained conscious, “Again!” he shouted frantically.

Although he really he really hated to hurt Jeremie, he knew that there must be a reason why he would ask for something like that, so again he swung, harder this time. But XANA had caught on now, and was lending Jeremie the strength he needed to stay conscious. It took another five hits before Jeremie finally lay on the floor knocked out. Realizing the urgency of the situation, he went to Yumi in the scanner room, “Jeremie just made me knock him unconscious. I don’t know why, but before he did, he told me that this is all just a ruse so that Xana can attack Franz Hopper!”

Franz Hopper was Aelita’s father, the creator of Lyoko, who had supposedly died when they defeated XANA. He was also currently the greatest threat to XANA.

“Yumi? Yumi!” Odd shook his friend rapidly.

But it was too late, a glazed look entered her eye as she uttered a single word, “Telekinesis.”

Part 2 of episode 3 of my recreation of Code: Lyoko. So just get virtualized and enjoy!

I just found out that a part of this story got left out completely somehow!  To fill everyone in, Jeremie took Sissi to Lyoko, and called Jim and Odd to help out.