The Sorting

I was terrified, waiting for my name to be called for the Sorting Hat. My parents were in Ravenclaw and my grandparents, both sets, and aunts, uncles, so on. My family has been in Ravenclaw for generations. But I might not be.

“Jackson Cawley.” A boy just a little bit taller than me got put into Ravenclaw. “Elizabeth Daani,” was a Hufflepuff. I was bound to be called soon, as “Jasmine Daderly.”

“Hilary Dabner.” A Gryffindor. I looked out at the cheering table and saw Harry potter’s oldest son, James, in his fifth year. I looked at the other tables, all very big and looking at the teacher, about to call another name.

“Jasmine Daderly.” A flower in the Olive family. I looked it up to see if it would have anything that would mean smart or clever, and get that much closer to getting into Ravenclaw. But I was hopeless. Probably a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Not that there is anything wrong with that but my mother’s disappointed face was staring at me when I started to walk over to the stool.

I felt so many eyes on me. I never liked the attention. I just looked down and walked over to the stool. It was hard but worn.

Sitting down I grabbed the hat, not soft but worn too.

I put it on my head, and waited for it to shout a house.

VampireX said...
Nov. 9, 2010 at 7:56 am
i always wanted to be in Ravenclaw

hahaha said...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 3:12 am
You ain't got nothin' on Harry Potter. Sorry, muggle.

thepreechyteenager said...
Sept. 11, 2010 at 9:00 am

I love Harry Fan Fictions :)

This one was really good.  YOu got the reltion to the story, and yet it wasn't from a past main character's, (or a son/daughter's) perspective.  I sort of wish you'd continue this.  I mean, JK R. made such a big world, I think it has room for a couple more stories in it.  Don't you agree?

Can you check out my story, "Encounter?"

xcrayolaxstormx said...
I liked this! I like how you left me hanging. You could totally elaborate and write this whole other thing! Just to connect to that SHOELACEx3 said, I liked how you added James in there. It shows how famous Harry really is and what era this is in. Keep it up :)

SHOELACEx3 said...
Wow, this was really good! I don't think you needed to include James, though. Otherwise, really good writing! Keep it up!

SharpieChance replied...
I just wanted to add him to let you know about where it was set in time wise