Twilight Child; Chapter Five: In the Land of Make Believe | Teen Ink

Twilight Child; Chapter Five: In the Land of Make Believe

By WinterMoon GOLD, Waynesburg, Kentucky
WinterMoon GOLD, Waynesburg, Kentucky

life is hard, but it could be harder
Suicide is for people who are too weak for the real world.
Those who dance are thought to be crazy by those who don’t hear the music.
People change, things go wrong. Just remember, life goes on.
What you feed your mind is what it gives back to you!
Be conscious of your subconscious mind. It’s the storage area for all the things you don’t pay attention to. It will eventually yield and even take over your conscious mind.
Life is all about challenges. To become an over comer, you don’t have to allow obstacles to become an impediment, but rather a stepping stone to your goals.
I have failed over and over in my life and that is why I succeed.
Imitation is Limitation.
Life is like a novel with the end ripped out.
Life is like a game of baseball
You’ll never know if you make the home run
UNLESS YOU SWING
Life is about creating yourself, not finding yourself!
There could be many options in your life, but before this life you had no option. So live with it
Life is like a dream. There’s good times and there’s nightmares. Life will only last so long, but your dreams will go on forever.
“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about dancing in the rain..!”
“Enjoy what you can, endure what you must”
Love never ends, but life does.
Things turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out
Love is like a rainbow: the more you see it, the more you realize what a miracle it really is.
Life is about falling – Living is about getting backup.
never have regrets, because at one point everything you did in life was exactly what you wanted
“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
Dreams are like stars…one blows up and another one gets brighter
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.
God, if I can’t have what I want, let me want what I have.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

The dream began with a beautifully played melody. It was soft, full of tenderness and something else I didn’t recognize at first…love. Compassion? Caring? I decided it was all of the above. I walking fast through the forest, through a place I haven’t seen before, somewhere new. At the end of the forest, there was a bright light…The sun? It was a sunny day, the sunlight shown through the tree thick forest letting in just enough light for a human to see. However, I wasn’t human, so I had no trouble seeing at all.
I wasn’t surprised to see a shadow next to me, which meant I was with someone. If I wasn’t with someone then there would be no reason for me to be walking at a human pace. Therefore, it meant that it must be someone human, or someone I had fooled into thinking I was human. That must mean it was someone I didn’t trust, which didn’t surprise me either. The trees were thinning the closer we came to the bright sunlight. I could see there was a large, round meadow in the direction we were heading. Why would I be going to a meadow with someone?
I looked over at the figure that was falling slightly more behind me that a moment ago, but the figure was blurry, but I already had an idea of who it was. It had to be the vampire boy, I decided. The moment I had solved that piece of the puzzle, the blurry shape became clear; I was right, it was him. Why had I been walking in the forest with him? Who invited whom, and why? There was obviously a lot I was missing here, a lot I was determined to find out.
Why would this beautiful boy want to spend his time with me? Surly he could have any girl in the world, under any conditions at all. Why me? He certainly wasn’t unable to attract woman, women a hundred times more beautiful than myself. I finally came to the conclusion that he must be being forced to do this, it must be apart of Aro‘s plan. That had to be the only way I would go anywhere with him in the first place, if he tricked me. But, now that I’ll be expecting his little tricks, I won’t be fooled. We were almost to the edge of the forest when the vision suddenly took a fast-forward and skipped to a new scene.
Now, we were both lying in the spirit of the lovely meadow, side by side staring fixedly into each other’s eyes. We didn’t speak, but I could tell that he was trying to silent something that he wanted so badly to say. I was surprised to see what emotion I saw in his eyes, more than one, but they all meant the same thing; Affection, adoration, tenderness, passion, and devotion. I had never seen another individuals eyes shine so brightly with love as his did when he looked at me.
Without warning, I reached out slowly and started to run my slender fingers in patters across the inside of the lower part of his arm. I was so gentle, so tender, as if he were a small child I could easily break, which I suppose was rather spot on. I almost woke when I saw the same look in my brown eyes, but before he could meet my eyes, once again I masked my expression into one that was unreadable. His face was unexpectedly effortless to read, his expressions were so apparent when they were burning as passionate as they were in that moment.
Could this boy really be in love with me? Could I be in love with him? No, we could not be. It was in basic terms, out of the question. He was more than likely a skilled actor, with no real feelings for me at all. I internally cursed myself for being so naive, to think I could ever have happiness. I was not in a fairytale, I would never have a “happily ever after” and spend the rest of my long life with my Prince Charming. I had come to accept as true a couple hundred years ago that I would, until the end of time, be alone.
Even if vampires had no soul, as in most myths, I could not bring myself to take his away. Why was I even entertaining this thought? He wasn’t in love with me. He was working for someone who wanted my blood, someone who wanted me. What kind of game was I playing with myself? I should have never given that boy a second thought after I ran away from him. That should have been the first indication that we could never be; I ran from him. Would I run from my rightful love? I think not.
The lovely piece of composition was still playing faintly in the surroundings, but now lyrics started to be sung; I was singing them, in my voice. I am in love with a boy named Edward. Pretty and beautiful, I do want him. The vision shifted quickly then, now I was sitting on the forest floor, when I looked up into the boys golden eyes that were still filled with same fondness as before, but now there was something new…fear? He’s my wants, my needs, my necessity; I want to hold him just like a lover. We stared into each other eyes for a lengthy moment, then the boy, I still didn’t know his name. A soft caress from his arms would be great; a kiss though would take me away from earth. I must look at him, it seems so irate, but to look at him, it has so much worth. He started to lean in the direction of me… as if he was going to… kiss me. I want to protect him from all his fears, Comfort him when he is down and be there, To hold him and take away all his fears. Lost in his eyes, his heart is like a snare. Oh God, Oh God, Oh Christ! Yes! Hang on…No! Stop! Don’t do it! It’s a hoax! I could feel his cold breath on my own warm lips now, and the song was ending. So amazing, so great, funny and kind, with his existence, my heart is in a bind. Right before our lips met, the alarm clock started going off, and telling me it was time for school. In less than a second, the vision was gone, including all the hope that came with it.

This is chapter five of the Twilight Child Series, read the others before this one!