Miss Norris | Teen Ink

Miss Norris

By Thegirlinthemirror SILVER, Boyliston, Massachusetts
Thegirlinthemirror SILVER, Boyliston, Massachusetts

What happens if your choice is misguided,

You must try to correct it

But what if it’s too late? What if you can’t?

Then you must find a way to live with it.

I stalk the halls with amazing speed and stealth. Clinging to the shadowy walls, I am close to invisible. I do not need any magic or a cloak of sorts to disappear, to spy upon the unsuspecting students that lurk these corridors after hours. And just when those very students sigh with relief thinking they have gotten away with whatever unspeakable deed they have committed. I make my presence known, appearing out of thin air and letting out a single call to my master.

The students stand their frozen in fear, as if the thought of getting caught is unimaginable. They never saw it coming and their knees being to shake their hands begin to sweat as they wonder what well deserved punishment awaits them. I call out again to my master, though I know he has already heard me, just for the satisfaction in watching the brats cower in fear.

Then their eyes get big, and I know what they are seeing, A single lamp coming down the dark corridors, my master has arrived. I greet him with out taking my eyes off the prisoners, who now look as if they’re ready to throw themselves at my feet and start bawling.

My master has come in to the light now and strokes my back as way of recognition. He warns the children against what horrors now await them. Each utterance of his low raspy voice sending a shot of fear down their guilty spines.

We lead them through the castle to the place they most dread, the place where judgment for their awful deeds will be placed. My master in front and I in the back, there is no hope of escaping.

By now the bawling has been unleashed, and sleeves are wiped against runny noses while the guilty beg forgiveness for their wrong doings. We however offer them none, it is not our place to offer mercy to the sinful.

As we reach a stone gargoyle, and the hooligans began to offer words of comfort to one another, my master turns around a flashes us all a charmingly wicked grin. there is a collective shuddering among are companions.

We do not accompany are captives up the stone steps instead we watch as they take each dreaded step to their doom. Then once their backs have disappeared, my master lets his shoulders drop and lets a single sigh. He is no longer terrifying and powerful he is tired and old.

I look up at him and hold my head against him. This time his grin is not wicked or malicious but sweet and endearing. He pats my back and says. “Come on old girl, we’ve had enough stalking for one night.”

Like that we make our way side by side back to his office where I know some crème and warm fire awaits.

Stalking the Hogwarts halls for trouble makers is harder than it looks.

on Aug. 25 2010 at 8:35 am

You must try to correct it

Aww your so nice thank you bunches for commenting :)

on Aug. 25 2010 at 8:34 am

You must try to correct it

Thank you so muh you've just made my day :)

papermaster111 BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
Wow, this was soo good!  I'm new here and this is one of my favorites of what I've read.  I'm a big HP fan and thought this was amazing; I loved your description and that little "surprise" at the end where Filtch seems old... I actually felt sorry for him!  Thanks for writing this! =]

MLStamp SILVER said...
MLStamp SILVER, Annandale, Virginia

Thats what we all are. Ameteurs. We don't live long enough to become anything else. -Charlie Chaplin

Oh My Goodness! this is such a great idea taking this from Miss Norris' perspective! I am always looking for really good Harry Potter fan fiction-there are so many,but none are ever really good. This one is great the way you twist the words make you sound like true cat! Awesome Job!! :)