Phantom of the opera Phantom's P.O.V.

PREFACE

I brushed my fingers through her hair, whispering words of passion sweetly into her ear. "Christine I love you." She looked at me sweetly and took my face in her hands. Soft fingers trailed down my good cheek caressingly as the other hand held my masked side.

"I'm sorry" she cried as she tore off my mask. Screams emitted from the crowd and all around me there were cries of horror.

"Christine why?" I asked, tormented by my own foolishness. Kicking a lever I jumped off the stage's prop bridge with her in my arms.
*************************************************************************************

Part 1

Her sweet voice fills my ears as she vocalizes. Higher, higher the notes ring through my being. It is only her and me. Nothing else exists. No pain, no fear, no loneliness. She is my muse. The source of my music. I love her and am with her always. Yet I am also separated from her always. I have never met her in person, she has never seen my face. I am her teacher, her angel of music.

Suddenly her song stops. What is the meaning of this? We were practicing! Then, I hear HIM.

"Christine it really is you!" he exclaims. "I thought when I saw you on stage tonight that it had to be you! My little lotte, how you've grown." How dare he interrupt MY practice! How dare he look at her with eyes full of longing! She is mine! Mine alone!

"Raoul! Oh how I've missed the time we shared!" Christine tells him. So his name is Raoul? I seethe in silence from my hidden tunnel behind her mirror.

"How we'd always make up stories to pass the time…" He begins.

"And how we'd sneak a few of father's chocolates up into the attic…"

"Ah haha!" he chuckles. "Come Christine! We shall go to dinner, I'll bring up the carriage while you get ready."

"Wait I can't" she calls after him.

"Of course you can! I'll be up in five minutes!" he shuts the door behind him as he leaves to get the carriages.

"No!" she screams.

My anger finally overtakes my patience and I lashout in a flood of pain and furry. "How dare this fool of a boy presume to court you! Ignorant! Stupid! You are not to have romantic affiliations as long as I teach you!"

"Yes angel, I'm sorry. I was caught in a moment of weakness. Please stay with me master!" She begs softly. My anger ebbs as I see tears shimmering on her cheeks, her small face bent in shame.

"It is time we met. it is time to see your angel." I sigh as I pull back the smooth glass of the mirror. She can see me now. What if she rejected me? What if all this work was for nothing? She smiles slightly, her large round eyes filled with wonder. Walking forward she takes my hand in her gloved one and I lead her through the tunnel into my world. Into the unending night.

aspiringsinger said...
Nov. 12, 2011 at 12:08 am:
I've been on live with phantom since i was 7 wen my mom intorduced me to the musical and ive memorized every single one of christines lines already! but even still I now understand this scene 10000000 times better!!! keep these coming cuz this is AMAAAAAAZING!!!

aspiringsinger replied...
Nov. 12, 2011 at 12:09 am :

*in love

(SORRY)

FallenAngel1 said...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 12:45 am:

This is very good writing, you are quite talented. I am also OBSESSED with The Phantom Of The Opera, i watched the 2004 and 1943 versions.  Loved how you wrote in his perspective. Keep it up!!

*If you have time would you mind reading some of my work? One would be a romance novel called Forbidden, i would appreciate it.

Singinstar said...
that was really good! i love the show nd movie too, so great job!

Deadpool13 replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 6:47 pm :

Very nice, very nice. Almost perfictally what the Erik would be thinking, just one thing-The Phantom is beyond genius. He would have reveiled himself ONLY when he knew she would accept him.

(P.S PHANTOM OF THE OPERA RULES!)

Acumichi23 said...
This is just such a great story, and i enjoy hearing it from the side of the Phantom. It does take away form his mystery, but it was well written.

Inherinerd replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 5:43 pm :
thank you and you are right i really didnt think about that b4 i wrote it

sleeplessdreamer said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 2:25 pm:

So this title immediately caught my eye, because I am OBSESSED with the Phantom of the Opera. Seen on stage twice, seen it in the movie COUNTLESS times, read the book... everything. So, I must say... and this is just personally, nothing to do with your writing... I really didn't want to hear the Phantom's pov. I mean, isn't that the point? he's some mysterious being that roams the opera. TO me, the best part of the story is that you have NO CLUE who this guy really is. So I am sorry to say th... (more »)

Inherinerd replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 2:37 pm :
actually i did really get some helpful advice from this and thank you for your time!

ELM522This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 6:28 pm:
This is good! I again, commend your enhanced vocab! I've never read or watched The Phantom of the Opera, but people have told me about it. Right now, I'm working on a fan-fiction of Ghostgirl, it's about if Damen dated Charlotte and Scarlet dated Eric!

Inherinerd replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 6:52 pm :
nice i look foward to reading it!!

Babycakes56 said...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 6:48 pm:
i haven't actually read the phantom of the opera, but this was really good!

Inherinerd replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 10:49 pm :
Thank you!! I actually haven't read it either but i am obsessed with the movie and musical. If you liked it you could check out the second part!! But only if you want to!

Emmaline said...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 9:34 am:
yay! i can't wait to read it!

deka9 said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:12 am:

I must confess that I haven't read the book and watched the movie since freshmen year. So that's quite a long while ago, but I know that I liked it. I get a little mixed up with the movie and the book sometimes, and so I don't think I'm going to comment how closely this was to the book or the movie. :)

I really love that you brought the phantom point's of view to life. I could literally see and feel his emotion. Very good details with your Part 1 into.

One question, why was the&... (more »)

Inherinerd replied...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 9:36 am :
It was on purpose but i don't really remember why! :)

Shoka_no_sanraizu said...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:34 am:
Wow it was really good. I loved it. I cant wait to read more and I love how you roll the Phantom of the opera into it.

Inherinerd replied...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:36 am :
Thank you I am a huge fan of phantom of the opera so i wanted to write somthing about it!

Inherinerd replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 8:04 am :
The second part is up!!

taylorf463 said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 10:24 pm:
This is really good! The detail and dialogue really make this piece come alive. It also makes me want to read the phantom of the opera. :)